• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

2 weeks with hsv2: ? regarding spreading to multiple sites and antibodies

I just got diagnosed with hsv2 two weeks ago. I got it from my girlfriend of 5 months who is asymptomatic. My IGG came back negative and I mean really negative at the very bottom of the green. So, as of 10 days ago, my body hadn't made any antibodies yet. My swab came back positive. We haven't had intercourse and I'm considering not doing so until I feel my antibodies are built up to a point where I won't get breakouts in other areas. Right now, my first breakout is on the side of my testicle. I assume hsv was able to enter there because of shaving abrasions. I'm DON'T want to get it on my shaft. Am I being paranoid? I'm currently on Valtrex for the breakout. I'll go off meds after the breakout and see what happens as far as future breakouts and deal with it accordingly.

Thoughts from the pros on the site as far as spreading to other areas before antibodies build up and does being on Valtrex hinder the bodies ability to create antigens? Thanks in advance.

PS: I'm using antigens and antibodies interchangeably due to ignorance.

@itsjustarash HSV is able to enter anywhere there is skin to skin contact, especially with friction. Personally, I've had genital herpes for 15 years, and the outbreaks have not always been in the exact same location. I've had them in several locations around my genitals. It's not guaranteed that avoiding sex until you've built up more antibodies is going to prevent you from having outbreaks on your shaft, or other locations. From what I've read, it all depends on what nerves the virus chooses to travel down when an outbreak occurs.

thanks Lolly. I agree with everything you said and thank you for taking the time to reply. I get the virus is currently in nerve pathways and that's where it is. I guess to be more precise what I'm asking is prior to building up antibodies, is re-contracting hsv2 in other areas getting into new nerve pathways a possibility?

This is something that hopefully someone more knowledgeable can answer for you, as I don't know or understand everything there is to this virus. I have seen others say that autoinoculation is possible, primarily during an initial outbreak. When I first contracted the virus, I didn't even know that's what it was, and continued on as normal, without transferring it. (And I did a LOT of rubbing and "scratching" of my genitals due to the itching... lol) For many years, the outbreaks occurred in one of two or three locations around the genitals. It wasn't until the past 5 years or so that they started occurring in other areas. (Still in the genitals)

It's all good. :) Fortunately, I rarely get outbreaks anymore. But I have to be sure not to allow myself to get physically exhausted, and avoid anything with high levels of Arginine. The first couple of years were hell, constant outbreaks and severe nerve pain. I suppose the massive amounts of stress I was under, along with my period causing hormones to go crazy every month, didn't help. ;) I've read so many times that a lot of people don't have recurrences, or have very mild recurrences. I wasn't so lucky, but I do hope you're one of those lucky people! (((hugs)))

• 1 month later...

Hey PresentMoment. Thanks. Unfortunately, I’m not a young man. I’m young at heart but my body tells me I’m 48. Getting hsv2 when you’re middle aged seems ridiculous but here I am. I’m very responsible and encourage everyone on this site to take care of yourself responsibly and disclose. I would consider it evil not to disclose and potentially pass on a life long condition.

I stopped meds but have some on hand if/when the next outbreak takes place. My asymptomatic girlfriend and hsv2 provider and I are still together. She didn’t know she had it. So, I can’t hate her but anger about the situation still crops up.

Hey PresentMoment. Thanks. Unfortunately, I’m not a young man. I’m young at heart but my body tells me I’m 48. Getting hsv2 when you’re middle aged seems ridiculous but here I am. I’m very responsible and encourage everyone on this site to take care of yourself responsibly and disclose. I would consider it evil not to disclose and potentially pass on a life long condition.

I stopped meds but have some on hand if/when the next outbreak takes place. My asymptomatic girlfriend and hsv2 provider and I are still together. She didn’t know she had it. So, I can’t hate her but anger about the situation still crops up.

I’m sorry you’re going thru this. I’m 42 and was diagnosed last October with HSV2 via blood test. I don’t get blisters at all but occasional itchiness down there. I also plan to disclose going forward to potential partners because it’s the right thing to do. I’m glad you and your lady were able to work thru the initial shock of it all. It will get better as time goes on. Be encouraged!

Itsjustarash - 48 is young!! So live it up! Sounds like you are having a good time. Don't worry too much about the young lady that you are with now. The relationship will run a course and you will figure out that the young girls don't have what you need intellectually for long term. Enjoy the relationship for now, but seriously, if she was the person that gave you HSV you should not be the one hoping this works out, she should be the one with fears!! She had HSV and did not tell you!! Sorry, I find it very hard to believe so many of these people don't know they have it. My first OB was horrible- no doubt it was herpes!!

I know!! I have only been with younger men lately. So no judgement here, I love young men, they can keep up with my libido- and are always ready for whatever I want!! But they need to not talk!!

I also know because my daughter is 21, there are times when we talk that I feel like slamming my head into the wall. I just can't hear anymore about nails and fake lashes!! Love her dearly- she is a very smart girl, microbiology major. But WTF !!!

annual testing I do was negative October and November 2017

no sex since june 2017

first outbreak was in Nov - Dec 2017, 1 tiny lesion doc said couldn't be first- but here I'm testing negative for blood

I tested positive for HSV2 in Jan 2018

I have not yet been rid of it for a shy 4 months

It has moved from area to area. I felt frisky, had a couple orgasm and boom - BO where I rubbed

Had to change meds as acyclovir wasn't working for 3 months

I am one of those asymptomatic women that did annual STD testing as I'm very careful... so far, not one past love in two years is reading positive. No idea where or when I got it, no idea how long.

All I do know is that is moves around as it see fits. Friction even when it feels nice and slippery can still be friction

Your on the right track with meds and before trying supressive see if your body is able to fight it back on its own - mine still cannot. Just know, staying on low dose meds does reduce your shedding / spreading to others.

Unless she tested negative specifically to HSV2 prior to you both deciding to not practice safe sex - you won't ever know if she knew she had it.

Freya - I have read your other post. So your guy is afraid to spread the HSV however he refuses to have a STD panel. If you have only had oral HSV - he is not very likely to pass it to you genitally unless he already knows he has it genitally. You should refuse any sexual relations until he has a STD panel done. I know you mentioned he just wants to masterbate with you - dump him.. give yourself glorious orgasims!! Why do you need him there to watch if he is going to refuse to touch you!! You deserve better, think you are hanging in there out of fear. I understand completely, I actually considered still having sex with my giver, in the future, after I found out he was married, cheating on his wife, and a liar!! Only because this would be my "free fuck" I didn't have to disclose. No way!! Never going to happen!! Give yourself time - you will become stronger!! Good luck, love to you!!

itsjustarash - I know about the younger woman older man relationship because I had one of those!! 13 years difference, he cheated on me with someone closer to his age. I was only 20 at the time we broke up. I was very immature in so many ways. Always a go-getter but he met his match!! The gal he cheated on me with, he married. They are still married to this day 30 years later. I am glad for him!!

Now as for my young men, put it into perspective. It is for fun, never going to be a relationship. Enjoy while it is fun then say goodbye. You should not be feeling desperate that your girl will stay with you. She gave you HSV. Not the other way around. You are not a better man because you have a young girlfriend. Enjoy it for what it is..then move on!