• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

IMPORTANT

I tested 1.19 for hsv2 on the IGG 2 weeks out from encounter and later 1.42 16 weeks out. Both times negative for hsv1. My doctor told me no question that I had hsv2. I had the Western blot done at the University of Washington to confirm because I had read that Igg scores under 2 are 85 percent incorrect in diagnosing HSV 2. I just got my results back from Western blot and its negative for hsv2, positive hsv1, completely opposite of my IGG scores. So spread the word, from what I've heard and experienced doctors are grossly uninformed about diagnosis and the accuracy of the IGG tests. Also getting the Western blot done was really easy. University of Washington sent me a kit in the mail and I went to Anylabtestnow lab and it took 20 minutes for them to draw my blood. I had gone to two other labs associated with hospitals and they wouldn't process the kit, you have to go to anylabtestnow. It's a basically a lab in the box and they are all over the country. I was very pleased with their service. Also the folks at University of Washington always pick up the phone right away and are very nice.

Thanks for sharing that information about how easy it was for you to get the test, @camilo. I'm sure that will help many others!

When I was reading up on the western blot and low IgG scores, I thought I remembered reading that the IgG does a pretty darn good job of picking up HSV2 in general--with the caveat that some of the lowest index values are false positives. I swear I also read that the IgG misses a significant percentage of HSV1. I don't remember the statistic, but it was significant enough that I was surprised by it. I'll have to see if I can find where I read that.

I don't remember if you experienced obvious lesions/outbreaks or not. How does it feel to finallly have some answers?

I was prepared to accept a confirmation of hsv-2 after having learned about how common it is and realizing that I didn't have any symptoms apparently. I had a rash on the scrotum but Terri Warren said in all her years of practice that she hadn't seen that be indicative of hsv-2. From what I've read I G G is a good indicator for hsv-2 if you're reading is above 3 but anything below 3 there's a high probability for a false positive. The internet is a very powerful tool. I also diagnosed my mom's illness on the internet which went undiagnosed for 7 years by various doctors. Before internet diagnosis she was wheelchair-bound and lost much of her cognitive ability now she is up and walking and back at 100% mentally.

• 3 months later...

Hi. I figured I’d ask in here. So back on nov 2nd i got tested and my test came back equivocal at .97 for hsv2 and 40 for hsv1. (I got tested back in July and my hsv1 was also at 40 but hsv2 was negative). On dec 6th i got tested again and the hsv2 was 1.38 (from labcorp) at about 11/12 weeks. I personally had another test done on dec 12 from quest and I‎t came back at 1.62 at 12/13 weeks. Can the difference be due to different labs or do you think it’s be cause I’m still building antibodies to the virus? Should i check the IGg numbers at 16 weeks or is I‎t worth getting the western blot test now? Just looking for you opinion. Thanks