• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Need help please

hello, i was recently diagnosed with genital herpes and ive been having a hell of a time lately. Before i was even diagnosed i had accidentally spread it to my nostril. Well time passed and i actually accidentally transmitted it to my other nostril as well, today i tried to go about freeing up my airways a different way by dipping my nose into the sink, now im worried that i may have transferred it to my sinus and that also has me worried that i will undergo herpetic encephalitis. Its sunday and i havent been able to get to my Primary Care Physician as he is out of town and have been sustaining on a couple of valcyclovir refills that i got from the clinic doc, but he has been unwilling to write me anything more than the twice daily 500mg for 3 day "flare up" preventative. Please help im very scared.

Could you go to an urgent care center and be seen? That would be my best advice if your doctor is out of town. Also, how did you transfer it? Did you touch an open lesion and then rub your nose? In the absence of an open lesion it would be extremely unlikely to autoinnoculate anywhere else (autoinnoculation is rare even with a lesion once you build up antibodies, which if this is new for you you may not have many yet). Make sure to wash your hands with soap and water when you have an outbreak anytime you come into contact with a lesion. Did they swab your nose and tell you that it's herpes there? If not I'd maybe get that done before assuming that's what it is

before i knew i had it i popped what i thought was an ingrown hair then ran my hands under hot water then irrigated my nose in the morning. Im about 20 days in now but im worried that maybe i washed some mucus back into my sinal exit-ways before i blew my nose, and ive read that it can spread through mucus. Im worried because i feel slight tingling deep up in my nose.