• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex after first breakout.

It's been about 10 days since I thought my first outbreak sores were healed. When I had intercourse with my boyfriend, however, it was painful and I noticed afterwards, some sores appeard to have opened up and were bleeding. Small dots and also the "paper" type cut which I had initially noticed at the beginning of my infection. That split open. Was also bleeding. Did I not give enough healing time? Anyone else experienced this?

It's not unusual for sex to trigger an outbreak, especially in your first few months. How soon after did you notice the sores?

I had sex just after my first outbreak was gone and another one flared up a few days later. And another one flared up a few days after that one healed. The recurrent OBs were gone within 2-3 days with antivirals. After that, I've opted for suppressive therapy.

I haven't got any sores. It just appeared to be bleeding from a few locations which I had sores. Mostly at the moist area in the opening of my viagina. There is no more bleeding. And the cut seems to have closed up. It was about 10 days after what appeared to me a healed condition. I'm wondering if I didn't give everything time to heal.

I personally think u gave enough time... 10 days! but remember that especially in the first year, it is common to get o.b. after o.b.

It might have healed, and then u have sex, which could trigger another, and it will heal and something else could trigger yet again another o.b.

I suggust the next time u have sex, use a lube for sensitive skin, nothin fancy

P.s. -When my o.b. are gone, i usually wait 2 or 3 days.

Hope this helps xox

That happened to me a few times after my primary (but not since). Primary OBs are always the worst outbreak you'll ever have - I think that they're a bit deeper, as well. So, while you were healed from a herpes perspective, I think that the skin might have been a little sensitive still. I think you didn't give it quite enough time. If you can, try waiting 2 weeks now, and then use the advice above (line, going slow, getting really warmed up, and try to make it a quick jaunt rather than a marathon sex).