• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Still feeling emotional pain after diagnosed September 2015

Okay so a few weeks into my senior year of high school I was diagnosed . I had been dating someone . When I had felt symptoms , I asked him what was going on . He said he didn't know . He told me sorry but then he would give me half ass stories . Sometimes he would blame it on me BUT I know it was him because I got a phone call from my friend saying he was burning . So I took a break from him for 3 weeks . Got back together . Little did I know he had already slept with another girl unprotected that was much younger than I . And he didn't get treated . I feel so stupid ...I stayed with for so long because I just felt that I couldn't do better . I went off to college and left him in the past but I began to jump from relationship to relationship . I have disclosed before , and he accepted me , but it didn't work out . Now I'm trying to be single and CONTENT . I want to give myself a fresh start and do things differently in my next relationship . I have never had a guy tell me he loved me until AFTER we had sex. I'm trying to forgive myself for the reckless behavior and putting my health at risk . And the person that gave me HSV2 got physically abusive with me and emotionally abusive . It was hard to leave .. but I got fed up. He wasn't gonna change and I got tired of his shit . He is now in prison for 3 year for second degree assault but I still feel like I was in a bad place around this time last year and I get sad easily . No one will EVER understand what this feels like .

Consider yorself very fortunate that you got away from that punk. Good for you that you have made huge strides to correct certain behavior that you have struggled with. That's the first step. Sounds like you are on the right path and will be just fine.

Its very good you got out of an abusive relationship. Having H is not a death sentence. It is only the social stigma that sucks. Take care of yourself now, emotionally because being abused is a traumatic thing to happen to you. I am not a counselor but I hope you can get some counseling and feel better about yourself. And yes, you can do better!