• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I disclosed, but feel unfinished

I was diagnosed last year with HSV 1 and HSV 2. I am devastated still and today woke up feeling hopeless and cried quite a bit. I have been seeing a guy for the past few months (I am also male to contextualize). A few weeks ago I asked him if he has ever had cold sores and he said no. Then I told him I got a cold sore for the first time (actually after our first meeting) and have the herpes viruses, but didn't specifically state I have HSV 2. He told me thank you for tellimg him and kissed me. But this past weekend I adked if he knew if when he got tested if he was tested for herpes. He just said why do you ask (or keep asking). I feel maybe I should tell him, but some people say since I already disclosed the vriuses in plural , that if we get intimate just state wash with antibacterial soap and water as a precaution. Though he seems like the type who doesn't like serious conversations overall. Though he recently shared some personal heavy stuff with me (our intimacy has gone down for the past month and half, right after the exclusive discussion and he states its because of his personal thing).

For me I think I am afraid, of course, rejection, but also spreading the virus and not having him know everything. I never got the conversation from whoever gave herpes to me ( having herpes feels like terms and conditions).

Anyway, I still struggle to come to terms and wish I could talk to a personal friend if they have herpes, or anyone really. I want to not feel aline and obsessed over this whole thing. Also I really like yhis guy, but feel insecure how he feels about me. I want to ask questions, but afraid to just open up.

Thank you for reading and appreciate any comments, questions, or advice.