• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dating and condoms

I have been disagose with having herpes type two, according to my reports from my 1st and I think only outbreak in about 10 months, well according to my doctor, who pats me on my knee and said I would know if it happened. I have been in counseling to heal myself and to work on my self esteem but I think I am ready to date again. I have been tested for everything else and it's negative so my question is, knowing the percentage of transmission using only condoms from female to male is 2% when not having a outbreak, is it worth it take suppressive meds? I understand that it's 1% if you do but I have used condoms in the past and I more comfortable doing that and less anitexy knowing I am doing that. Cause I also want to protect not only him but myself from getting something else cause that 3 times more likely to get hiv with what I have vs the other type has my fear into high gear.