• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Assistance with reading lab test results

Hi,

I haven't had any of the clear symptoms associated with herpes, but recently had a big scare because of a call from my ex-girlfriend.

She's with another guy now, but she had her first outbreak about two weeks ago.

The new BF supposedly was tested recently before they met and was negative at that point.

I last had sex with her around ~14.03.2017.

I've been to two doctors, but they both had that "don't ask - don't tell" policy about Herpes and said I seemed fine.

So I did the blood and swab tests on my own initiative.

Swab was negative on 12.04.2017. They took my blood on 13.04.2017. These are the results:

HSV I Ig G - 0.2(-)negative

HSV I Ig M - 0.4(-)negative

HSV II Ig G - 0.1(-)negative

HSV II Ig M - 0.75(-)negative

The reference range is as follows (according to their site):

<0,8 (-)negative;

0,8-1,1 borderline;

1,1 (+) positive

At first, I was worried that Ig-M was a "high negative", but the general consensus seems to be that it should be disregarded, plus it's still a negative and numbers aren't important.

The other thing that I found out was that this results are REAL negative only looking back from about 3 months since the last exposure.

I don't know what else to do. Should I accept these results and move on? Or do more tests?

Thanks in advance!