• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Valtrex question

So my doctor has placed me on Valtrex once a day for who knows how long....this is my second OB in almost a yes and I'm currently 20 weeks pregnant.

I hate taking pills especially big pills and Valtrex is not very small haha...he says I can cut them in pieces or crush...has anyone completely crushed the pills and taken them with pudding or something?

• 3 weeks later...

@roxoo8820 Yes, you can crush or cut the pills. My sister is a pharmacist and we did extensive research on this. I myself have HSV and can't swallow pills at all, so I crush them in a pill crusher and mix them in juice or ice cream. Not pleasant tasting but it gets it down. Good luck!

I am curious as to why he has you on Valtrex, especially everyday. If you don't have bad outbreaks then I would suggest you shouldn't be on it because it's taxes your liver and kidneys. I am not a doctor though. This is what my doctor told me and I've seen it on the internet as well.