• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

not sure how to deal with this

Hi I am new to this site, i'm in the situation of having oral herpes or what they call 'cold sores'.

this is my first outbreak and it's been fine apart from the emotional stress of worrying if my girlfriend will leave me. by that I mean it hasn't been painful or like the pictures on the internet.

I told her I have a 'cold sore' and we can't kiss for a bit which she understood but i'm worried she doesn't really know what a cold sore is or what it entails!

I thought it was just a whitehead on my upper lip at first which quickly went away thanks to abreva after I became suspicious of the weird tingling feeling. the red marks quickly subsided but then I discovered pale marks on my inner, upper lip. I don't know what to do. I keep getting that tingly feeling on my lips but i'm not sure if it's an itch or not. I feel like my girlfriend will leave me and it hurts a lot. I don't know why this has happened at all.