• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Dating / rejection with Herpes after divorce

I am recently divorced and now dating again which is daunting all on it's own but having to do it with herpes seems to be nearly impossible for me. I started with dating a man whom I dated in the past so he knew but I felt the need to remind him because it had been over decade since we were last intimate. That relationship did not become a long lasting one and when it ended I started an online search and met a man who I thought had great potential. We messaged daily for a month and went out twice. I was really smitten with him. It became increasingly obvious to me that we would be taking the next step into a more intimate relationship so I disclosed my HSV1 status to him in a long text. His response was less than favorable and even though it was ambiguous I have not heard from him since despite my attempts to re-establish communication. I am heart broken. I am trying to wrap my mind around the fact that he is rejecting the virus and not me but it has been very difficult to. I was diagnosed over 20 years ago, I take an antiviral, as far as I know I have not passed it along to anyone including my child who I gave birth to. I know my body and would never put anyone in harm's way... I am just sad that the virus is bigger to him than the possibility of what we could have had.