• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Should I tell

I was recently diagnosed (in the past year) with gential hsv1 which destroyed me for about a month. I'm not sure exactly where it came from either my ex husband or previous boyfriend. Anyways, last night I went out with a group of friends and a guy that has liked me for a while was there. We hit it off and after one too many drinks he ended up back at my place. Being intoxicated and stupid we had sex unprotected. I woke up this morning feeling itchy so I looked down there and I have a lesion!!! I'm freaking out...I feel so bad I didn't tell this guy and he could possibly get it. Everything was so in the moment and I wasn't thinking. This is my second outbreak I guess and it's nothing like the first one. I had no clue it was coming on! The question is how do I handle this now? I really actually like this guy. I haven't told anyone I have this other than my mom. Do I tell him now? Do I wait and see if he comes down with symptoms? I'm scared if I tell him he will tell everyone we know. I just need advice. I know I messed up big time. :(