• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Two totally separate Success Stories

Hey all,

These are both old stories now, but I wanted to throw them into the pile for general inspiration (and to remind myself haha). Those of you who remember me might remember that my very first talk was like horrifically awful, so took me a long time to get the confidence to try again. Thank god I did. And I know it may be hard again, and I may be rejected again, but not everyone will reject me, and hey, you miss 100% of the shots you don't take, right? (gotta love those cliches).

Story #1:

Dating a guy for about 3 weeks when the "talk" became necessary. We went for a hike and I remember being freaked out the whole time. We came back and I sat him down on the couch and told him everything, very calmly. He asked a lot of questions-looked kind of taken aback. After we had talked for awhile, he looked at me and said "I don't care". We spent the night together but didn't sleep together, which made me wonder if he *did* care. But, nope. Our relationship continued for the next 4 months until he moved away. Another interesting thing is that we knew, from the beginning, that this was not a serious relationship. He was almost 10 years younger than me and he was always planning on moving away.

Story #2:

I had posted about this story on this site, in a panic, because I had done something bad. I had been periodically sleeping with a friend of mine, and had not told him. How that came to be is a long story and not worth re-hashing (needless to say it was one of those things that happened drunkenly and then kind of spiralled out of control). I eventually told him, and gave him links to a million sites including this one, and was absolutely terrified he was going to hate me and never talk to me again. Well, not only did that not happen, but he was extremely understanding (I still feel grateful for this). In fact, he gave me kudos for being so honest and said he had a lot of respect and admiration for me (not what I was expecting, at all). He was obviously shocked and did his research and what not, but said he understood how it had played out and he could see easily how it could happen. I was so relieved that our friendship was still intact (because he means a lot to me) and that was all I cared about. But, interestingly enough, we have continued to sleep together periodically, even after the great reveal. The first time it happened was almost 2 months later (we continued to hang out pretty normally) and I remember being shocked. Anyway, the point is that I have with him what I never thought I would ever be able to have again-a casual sex (with a good friend, mind you-so way better than normal casual sex) situation that happens occasionally, with someone who knows. So, it's possible.

Anyway. I feel like both these stories are interesting because both of them involve situations where there was no long term relationship happening.

Soooo good luck peeps (and myself) and remember that there are people, in all sorts of different situations, who will be understanding and willing to take the risk,and who appreciate your honesty.

• 3 months later...