• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Has anyone tried the so-called food grade hydrogen peroxide cure for herpes?

I've tried searching this forum regarding this topic, but have come up empty. Like most people, I have searched the Internet frantically to help or cure herpes. I came across a website that talked about drinking food grade hydrogen peroxide for a cure. The website wanted me to pay $37 dollars to get access to the regiment. Looking for anything to help I almost paid to have access. However, I found the article elsewhere.

No I am not connected with that website or some chemical company promoting a product. Just someone looking for a cure.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried this process.

I'm glad you asked! Hydrogen peroxide cure is not only a hoax, but also can do some serious health damage! Definitely steer clear of those kinds of websites. If there were a cure out there, it'd be huge news.

Check out this blog article/video for more on this whole conversation on a cure for herpes:

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-cure/

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

@Bslydell

Yep I've tried it. Also tried lysine and ozone therapy. There is NO CURE. These are treatments that may or may not reduce OB's but they certainly will not cure herpes. In my case, none of these treatments even worked to reduce the OB's :). It doesn't hurt to try the remedies for symptoms the ones I mentioned are all safe. Just don't pay for any product thinking it will cure herpes :)

I've read that there can be some serious health issues with drinking a large concentration of FGHP.

I have to be honest I did buy into it. I purchased FGHP, but have not taken it since I am waiting for more test results. Glad it wasn't expensive and didn't waste a lot of money. I know people take for other reasons, but in small quantities.

Thanks for the input. Curiosity got the best of me to say the least.

Yes, too much is dangerous but in small amounts diluted properly you are fine. Just be careful. You can also use it diluted on the OB's. I have done that also. It "fizzes" a bit and helps healing. But again, it's all about concentration so be sure you dilute it enough. BTW, it can also be used to soak feet for fungal infections and is good as a mouthwash. Too high concentration will burn the skin and should not be swallowed.

I've read about the mouthwash. I seem to have a weird taste in my mouth quite often and the back of my tongue has a white layer on it. No idea if it is herpes symptom, fungal, or nothing. I guess I can put it to some use anyway.

That sounds like Thrush ... you can try to knock it back by using the FGHP as a mouth wash - but even better is a good quality Probiotic... I used a high quality drinkable yogurt drink when I got thrush a year ago... it was produced by a local farm and it's teeming with live probiotics ... and it took care of it in just a couple days...

@Broken_Hearted

I had an "ozonator" sounds pretty airy fairy but it was a tank of ozone with a diffuser. so mine was self administered, the ozone was in gas form. the theory is that bacteria and viruses cannot live in an oxygen rich environment so the ozone therapy has been used for many types of infections. again, its not about a cure just about managing the virus (although it was touted as a cure).

HMMMMM that's a stretch. The doc may want to believe this to be true OR just looking to capitalize on your plight. I would suggest you do all treatment as a management of the symptoms. There is no cure. Trust me. We all want one but we aren't there yet. The reality is..... you aren't dying. You are struggling yes but try to keep this in perspective. If the worst thing to happen to you in this life is herpes you are WAY ahead of the game.

@whitedaisies is right. We all know herpes sucks but your life is far from over, your destiny is YOUR choice. I have lived 15+ yrs with the virus and have an amazing son and wonderful man (have had a few really good men while H+ actually). Don't shut down. If you do, the virus wins and that's bullshit, push through and keep your chin up. Life is fantastic on the other side..... we will be waiting :)

@Broken_Hearted

Hate to tell you this but if it was THAT simple to seroconvert those machines would be in every single drug store in the nation. Believe me, the funding would be there if it worked. By comparison to drug options, the funding would be FAR less (they already have the machines so they just would need to prove the efficacy of the treatment through double blind studies).

Now it's *possible* this Dr believes that people have seroconverted ... if some of his clients came in with low positive results and no symptoms, there's a 40% chance they were actually false positives .... and THOSE people may come up with a result under 1.1 later and *look* like they seroconverted .... and not all Dr's totally understand that results between 1.1 and 3.5 have a high chance of being false positive.

Sorry but odds are you are throwing money in the wind. You would do FAR better to find some of the support groups in your area so that you could come to grips with the reality of living with Herpes ... that you don't HAVE to be alone. For one thing, there are likely TENS OF THOUSANDS of people in your city with the same virus ... so if you are worried about passing it on, you could date people who also have Herpes and that takes the issue right off the table!!!! And going to a support group, meeting people who have been dealing with it, in relationships with it, etc, might help you to get a more positive view of living with herpes. And please, get to a Doctor who will give you a more realistic understanding of Herpes... not the quacks that are filling your head with false hope.

Health Care/Herpes help in NYC http://www.myheartdances.com/p/resources.html

Dr. Deborah Ottenheimer

General and Gynecological Care

80 Maiden Lane. Ste. 901

www.ottenheimerhealth.com

Dr. Ottenheimer is very knowledgeable about HPV and herpes. Many of my clients have worked with her and give her rave reviews!

http://herpeslife.com/herpes-support-groups/

NY Support Group

HRA (Herpes Recovery Anonymous) of New York City

http://hranyc.tripod.com/

nychra@yahoo.com

Or (Not sure which one is the most up to date)

HRA of New York City

http://hranyc.tripod.com/

hranyc72@gmail.com

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NYCFriendsII/

I really hope you will reach out to the support groups ... you really need to get that ONE PERSON IN 5 around you also has genital herpes!!! You are FAR from alone in this and if you really, really can't bear to deal with disclosure, well, there are others like you who would rather date within the "H world" ..

And one last thing:

this virus is the worse thing that's happened to me in my life.

If Herpes is the *worst* thing that's happened to you, you have lived a charmed life my friend! I know it may *seem* that it's the worst thing ever, but I can promise you... I survived an Ectopic Pregnancy that nearly killed me (my BP was 60/40 when they finally realized I wasn't just miscarrying and went to 40/20 on the table... they put a lot of blood back into me that day!) ... when you get that close to death, a whole lot comes into perspective. @seeker finally got it when he talked to a guy who has dealt with cancer several times.

I REALLY hope you will join the support group down there ... I strongly believe that you need to be in the company of people who are also dealing with Herpes, and those who are further along in the journey... and who knows, you may actually meet a H+ person there who also doesn't want to disclose and you may hit it off!

I'm only 2 hrs North of NYC ... if you ever come up to the Hudson Valley, give me a holler. I would love to have lunch with you and help you to find a healthy way of learning to cope with all this...

(((HUGS)))

I'm not going to put myself on dating sites for H people so everyone in my community will know what I have. .

Uh - noone in your community will be on there unless they have it too ;)

We shouldn't be punished for one stupid mistake

The ONLY person who is punishing you for your "mistake" is YOU. Period. When you get that, your life will turn around. Promise.

Sure you can't patent the ozone that you are taking. But that actually makes is EASIER and more profitable for people to sell it as a cure ... because the big expense money goes into things that can be patented... But on the other hand, it's easier to get on the bandwagon and sell something that doesn't require a patent ... so if it REALLY cured herpes, don't you think every single company that makes those machines (and a whole bunch more that would jump on the bandwagon) would be advertising that their machine CURES herpes??? Imagine the market for them for something they already are making???

It's entirely possible that the ozone may help the body to fight the virus... to keep it suppressed. But the ONLY way to kill it off entirely would be to make it ALL come out from where it hides in the ganglion so that whatever treatment could get to it all ... and that would mean going through one hell of an OB while the body and medication/ozone/whatever worked on killing the virus... This is why a "cure" is so difficult to come up with and why we are far more likely to get a vaccine first ... and that is still a long way off...

Nothing wrong with hope.... you can still live a happy life with herpes though. Up to you. Hope AND be happy, that's an option. It doesn't have to be either or. The fact that you have survived some really difficult things in your life should give you pride and power. It would be unfortunate if you let herpes beat you.

Sometimes (this is what happened to me....maybe not to you) bUT sometimes herpes is kind of the straw that breaks the camels back. You have been through many difficult things and you may be attaching all of those buried feelings to h.

I am with you, h sucks and I have had my struggles. But through therapy I learned that I was attaching alot of unrealistic fears and feelings onto h thy belonged with other issues.

I am not trying to undermine you just trying to let you know thy once I started really digging deep I realized I had a warped sense of responsibility...,taking it all on for everyone b they couldn't possibly want this...(in fact I kind someone who doesn't care in the least) and the thought of passing it at 1% in my head was 99%. So realizing I had a exaggerated perception of risk helped me.

I am still scared to have sex, I am still scared to pass this on BUT I am not allowing myself to be stuck.

I really feel for you because I had and sometimes still have the feelings you do. Don't close yourself off. Sometimes we need to take a yucky situation and elevate ourselves to understand and learn to live through it and with it.

Lots of hugs. Let go of the fear. It will be so freeing for you. It will still creep back but try to squash it.

Xo

im with what alls been said in whole. dancer stole my thunder with the " only people who would be on a H pos site would be people with it". Having herpes sucks, no one is saying anything else. however that doesn't mean life is over, it just has a new set of rules. some of which are actually old rules. like getting to know someone before giving up the goodies. in our case its, getting to know if someone is worth telling.

as to the ozone/consumable peroxide theory. while I have heard of this I have a few things to say. A just because they are a doctor it isn't a given they know, well anything really. just look at how many peoples doctors misdiagnosed them. B, if it worked a hyperbaric chamber would then be a cure and hospitals would be renting them out by the hour. C did this snake oil salesman also mention you need to take mucho antioxidants to offset what all that extra oxygen is doing to your body?? you see, oxygen is an oxidant ( its the root of the word!) ever notice a truck with that warning on it? you know why its on there? because free oxygen combines with things causing reactions, some of which go BOOM! your body has oxygen in it already, you are not an aerobic environment. you have no place in your body where there are more than 2 cells in thickness between capillaries so oxygen can get to them. your blood is red because of it. I cant say that there may not be some merit to helping, after all a hyperbaric chamber does aid in healing, however curing is a different animal all together. I would demand verifiable test results of the western blot variety both pre and post " cure" from multiple people. its a sad thing but herpes seems to bring out a huge number of scam artists, some may actually believe they are helping. its gonna be a tough cure given the way it works. there are new discoveries everyday, new ways of approaching it but a real absolute cure will probably never come. some therapeutic help, sure, a preventative, probably. however the reality is once a preventative is found a therapeutic become very low priority as there will be a dwindling number of customers, er patients.

heartbroken, it sucks, its tough, it makes one feel lonely at times, makes one question the future. but so does bad Mexican and you haven't given up eating tacos have you???

come to florida, the sun is shining, some weird northerners have started swimming and showing of their pastiness. we will have a beer and go dancing. I can cut a mean rug when ive had a couple and have a partner, well at least I think I can.

Sometimes we hear what we want to hear when we are ready to hear it. It's not about the ozone or anything else for that matter. There is no conspiracy. We are just trying to point out that learning to manage the virus and get healthy emotionally is in your power, the cure may never come but opening your mind to a healthy mental state will save your life.

@broken_hearted, please don't cut yourself off from the world. I am only 7 months from learning my status and am in a worlds different place. I belong to a local group, we mainly go out and have fun. we have emotional support meeting @ 1x a month. last night I was late for a dinner and caught 2 ladies as they were leaving. they stayed and hung with me while I ate. we talked and joked. made fun of people on POF and had a good time. hey I got to hang with a couple ladies!!! the guys were envious. It does get better! I rarely think about herpes anymore. im not paranoid over every bump, yes I have my herpes quirks but so what? sometimes we have to start small. I would just think of 3 things I was grateful for every morning. just 3! sometimes they were the same things but again, so what there were/are things im grateful for. I have a loving family, I have the worlds greatest son who is healthy, I have a decent job that allows me to pay my bills and have some fun. I have good friends, im quite handsome even I say so myself. :)

my point is, baby steps. breathe in breathe out. sometimes life gets us to that place. ive been there many times. just put one foot in front of the other. a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. keep your chin up. live life.

as master Poe on kung fu would say " does the sun not shine on you anymore? does the water not quench your thirst? does the fruit tree withhold its sweetness from you? if the sun, earth and nature do not, why do you do it yourself?"

@broken_hearted

I wish you good luck with your ozone therapy .... but perhaps if you are going to do the Western Blot, you should talk to the people are Westover Heights clinic ... they are at the forefront of Herpes info and of course testing (you have to go through them to get the Western Blot) ...

Westover Heights Clinic,http://westoverheights.com/ (503) 226-6678

In the meantime, I REALLY hope you will look into the support group that I posted... I went out of my way to find the info for you (for some reason it's not in our list here) ... I really think that it would be good for you to be able to hang with people who will understand you and who you can talk to without worrying about being judged because they will all have it too. It's so hard to communicate sometimes on a forum like this ... maybe a group like that would work better for you because less is lost in translation in a face to face group :)

(((HUGS)))

you do realize there is an entire world populated by people who have herpes? if your set on never risking giving it to someone ( and I completely understand that sentiment) there are plenty of people in the same situation.

also, you say no one is GOING TO WANT to deal with me, that's future tense. ever think about letting them decide? I tell my son all the time, until you ask the answers always NO, so what have you to lose?

and im betting your kids are gonna want to "deal" with their mom.