• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Just found out- Struggling.. is this discharge related or another problem?

Hello, First post here. I'm sure i'm going to have a ton of questions but I have an urgent issue. Since this is my first OB, I have no idea what is normal, and what is not.

Started getting burning symptoms last Thursday after I ended treatment for a UTI. I thought maybe it hadn't gone away so I went to my primary. Urine was clean. Then found the sores on Sunday. Went to urgent care Monday night. She started me on Valtrex and I took my first dose Monday night. So tonight will be 48 hours on valtrex. Today I started getting a smelly, cloudy white/grey discharge and a very SLIGHT itching. I was originally worried it was a yeast infection and went out to get monistat. Now i'm reading that you CAN get it with HSV. So i'm lost. How do I know? I cannot afford to go back to the doctors right now to find out. Should I wait it out for a few days? Should I do the monistat? No one checked me internally, just the outside so I don't know if I have any more sore (I only have 2).

Just hoping to get some feedback from someone who's already been through this!

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...