• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Feeling so down

I just found out I have herpes. My boyfriend had been sleeping with me unprotected for over a year and never told me that he had herpes. I understand him being afraid to talk to me about it. But he also knew my best friend has it and still did not bring it up when I told him about her. I would have stayed with him because I never enough information about it from my best friend. He passed me herpes and I didn’t know how to handle it. I was so shocked that he was able to keep it from me for so long and never thought he needed to tell me. I felt like my trust was so broken with him. I left him out of anger. I’ve calmed down and tried to see it from his point of view. I told him I wanted to work things out and now he’s telling me he doesn’t want me back. I feel so lost, rejected, and disrespected from the person that I’m in love with. I can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. I need help. I can stop crying and I feel like I’ll never be able to have a normal life again.

Then he’s a POS. U deserve better anyway. Surround yourself with people who support u and are there for u. And one day someone who truly loves u won’t care about the herpes. I was lucky enough to find a man who could care less what I have and I NEVER thought that would happen. To be honest it kind of brought us closer in a weird way. Sending u my good vibes

I agree with both these ladies! Talk to your best friend about it, you're fortunate she's been through it and you know she loves you regardless. You can both bitch about what a POS that guy was. Just like you would after any other break-up.

It's still too fresh for you now. Give it some time and you'll start to gain perspective. Until then, take it easy on yourself. Buy yourself something nice, get your hair done or just make time to take a relaxing bath more often.