• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Ladies: Thongs, shaving and herpes

Wcsdancer2010,

whether in positive or negative,won't affect my court case because Louisiana law states the withhold your health status on a communicable disease is criminal whether the person is infected or not.

The results forHIV, hvp syphilis, gonorrhea, chalmydia, etc were negative Here's the confusion. My blood work was negative and positive.now for my culture, this is whereI maybe in deniall, it is known fact that if you are using yeast infection medicine that, that can cause a false positve culture. The morning I went to my ob for for exam I had been using yeast infection meds. the culture came back positive. One doc says its herpes zoster from chicken pox and my ob says herpes. Waiting for the test reulst to come back that will tell him which herpes, ( my ob). The chicken pox results was a ssurprise because I thought I never had it. Turns out my mom said I had it twice as a child; so glad iI don't remember that... lol

so can you see my confusion?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys I officially can't take it anymore and I'm going to try shaving today. Wish me luck :-/ it's been 3 weeks since my blister first appeared and it's pretty much gone except for a small, flat, itchy red patch. Going to shave around it obviously. I'm not on any suppressive meds but I've been taking lysine daily so hopefully that'll be enough to prevent another OB.

Here goes nothing...

• 4 years later...

I used to get Brazilian waxes every 4 weeks, but when my membership expired I couldn't afford to rejoin.

Got myself a man's razor (because I read they charge us SO MUCH more just because they put pink on them) with 5 blades. I took out the moisturizing strips on the razors because I don't like the idea of whatever toxins might be in there.

My hair is so dark and course and fast-growing that I had to shave every day to stay smooth.

Now I'm afraid to shave.

What are the other options?

Nair? Similar chemicals? I try to avoid chemicals as much as possible, but if that's the only way to go I might have to give it a try.

No way will I go back to having a bush.

• 1 year later...

I’m an 18 yo and I just had my first outbreak in jan (my SO didn’t know he had it)  since then I wore thongs and shaved normally and I didn’t think it caused anything until I had another outbreak about a week or 2 ago. Got on meds and went away. Fast forward till now I have ANOTHER ob and I can’t figure out what caused it... I wore tight leggings and a thong a couple days ago and I noticed that it showed up that night. My confusion is that it never did that before and I wore those leggings multiple times after my first ob and never had symptoms. I can’t figure it out and I’m a newbie. Does the feeling of your life being over ever go away? I’ve been struggling really hard with this.