• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Best way to meet people?

Hi, I am new here! I have had HSV2 for nearly two years (I'm 20 years old) and would like to start dating but I'm not sure how to! I work for a fairly big organisation and it's really the only place where I could potentially meet guys (I don't go out that much) but I haven't met anyone I'd be interested in dating. So I am thinking about dating sites and am not sure what to try? Online dating scares me a little bit to be honest. Does anyone know of any decent ones? I'm not sure how to feel about STD only dating sites because I don't want to limit myself.

I use a regular dating site and it usually works out fine in terms of disclosure. I've even had a couple people disclose back to me. I do consider it a bonus when that happens, but not something that is enough of a reason to specifically seek out others who know their status. As you said, that's quite limiting, partially because most people who have it don't know it. About 1 in 8 HSV2+ people are aware while 7 in 8 with HSV2 are not.