• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

4 years untreated

Hey everyone.

I had a traumatic sexual experience 4 years ago in which I contracted genital herpes. I've left it untreated all this time because I just didn't want to think about what happened. Since then, as I had two tongue piercings simultaneously (taken them out last month) I have noticed a wart type thing right where one of my piercings were. Does this mean I now how both types of herpes? Or can no one give an accurate response unless I'm tested?

What are the dangers of leaving it untreated so long? I'm only 20 and was wondering if could have any long term damage.

I noticed it's spread to my face as it's very itchy and sore and it feels like it's burning, along with all around my mouth/nose in which I get rashes sometimes? (No cold sores though) and also my ears? Is it possible this is herpes spreading or something else? I get little blisters on my body aswell. On my arms elbows tummy and legs for example. Is this also herpes or something else?

I've also looked up Encephalitis which has me extremely worried. For a long time I was extremely unless in which I assumed it was just an outbreak. Since, I have had the most unbearable pressure inside of my brain which hasn't stopped. I'm ill 24/7, my vision is blurry from time to time and I'm disorientated not knowing what day of the week it is most of the time. For the past two weeks it feels like I haven't woken up properly and the pressure is worsening (even though it's so bad I didn't feel it could!!) to the point it hurts to lay my head down cause I can feel pressure and I am extremely boiling hot to touch. could this be related to the herpes? I know it's not good to ask online as no one can tell without tests, but as I've left my virus for so long and it spreading/worsening I'm worried this may be the case. Or am I over reacting?

Sorry for such a long and scattered post, I've never brought it up to anyone and this is my first time facing it as I feel like I can kinda speak about it now. sorry if any of my questions were stupid. Thanks for reading and hopefully you guys could give pointers or something. Thank you very much for taking the time to read and reply it's really appreciated.

First thing is first, it sounds like what you are describing in your mouth is a keloid. A keloid is basically raised scar tissue and they occur very often with piercings. I would not worry about this bump right where your piercing was being herpes. Keloids are benign and cause no long term damage, although I believe they can continue to grow. You can go to a piercer or a doctor for more information and treatment.

Second thing, herpes does not require a treatment. It is a viral skin condition and while some people do have outbreaks many do not and never take any medication for it. Taking medication will only help symptoms go away quicker if you have outbreaks or help prevent you from getting outbreaks and shedding the virus. It is very rare to spread herpes to other parts of your body as well.

Third...it sounds like you may have something else totally unrelated to herpes going on. The best thing to do is go to the doctors when you are having any of the symptoms on the other areas of your skin you mentioned and ask for their opinion.

The last thing I will say is that if you experienced sexual trauma, you really should look into some sort of counseling. It sounds like you have avoided dealing with the situation and I think you would find a lot of healing talking with a professional. Best of luck with everything!