• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not believing HSV diagnosis -- initially told it was impetigo (bacterial skin infection)

• 2 weeks later...

Today I got the results from going to an independent lab to get the 10-test panel for STDs, including IGG for HSV 1 and 2. I didn't wait approximately 3 months after I think I was infected because I wanted to see if I would have a low number NOW and a high number THEN, to potentially indicate if this is, in fact, a new infection and potentially from current boyfriend.

The results:

HSV 1 IGG 5.92

HSV 2 IGG <0.90

With a score of 5.92 showing up 6 weeks after my initial OB began, is it possible that this is still a new infection? As in, from current BF? The blood was drawn for IGG 12 weeks after he and I began having sex.

When the dermatologist looked at my face and vulva during the initial OB, she said that based on exposure, incubation period, and my OB, current BF is the one who infected me.

I was going to wait a few more weeks before doing the IGG to give the antibodies a chance to build up in my system, but decided to do it once now and then again later. I was hoping it would show a low number now, to prove the dermatologist's theory right. But maybe I waited too long and my antibodies are working quickly?

I just want to know whether or not current BF is the one who gave me this. We were under the assumption that he was. There was almost a comfort in thinking that if we both have this, we won't have to deal with those awful condoms.

He has not taken a test at all yet.