• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Filling a police report about the infecter.

I called the non emergency number and I explained my situation (I was infected by a guy that knew he had something ad didn't disclose)

They said if I file a report they will investigate it. If I give them his name an number do you guys think anything will come of this. I live in Canada.

I sympathize with your situation and understand your desire to make someone "pay" for not disclosing their HSV status before having sex. But I think you need to weigh all the different possibilities of how you may have come to contract HSV. You didnt mention what type of HSV you have or where. You also didnt mention your sexual history or whether you had been tested previously. These things are major contributors as to whether anyone could be prosecuted for exposing someone to an STD.

The fact is MOST people have no 100% sure fire way to track who exposed them. You would have to have had NO other previous sexual intercourse partners if its HSV-2. Even then how do you prove your lack of previous partners? If its HSV-1 genitally you would have also had to have had only ONE male who has ever performed oral sex on you. Again...how do you prove this?

Since this guy is positive yes it does make it more likely it was him, but it does not mean 100% that it was and to my understanding you would need to prove that in court for anything to happen.

I have a gut instinct of who I believe may have exposed me, but I dont know for sure if he has it and to be honest, I dont want to know. The fact is we all take risks when we have sex. If you asked his HSV status and took him on his word and he lied, while that is really crappy, it was a risk you decided to take. Unless you have asked every single partner to show you results on paper for a full STD panel including HSV then you have always taken a risk. My suggestion is to work on acceptance and forgiveness and try to move forward