• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

I need some good Advice/opinions/insight

Hi Members, I am reluctant to find such an outstanding forum on the internet to relieve some anxiety as my week has been filled with it since I think I may have contracted an HSV1 or HSV2 virus. I am at the point where I've almost accepted it and telling my self it happened and ready to move on. Let me get into the details please.....a coupe weeks ago I made out with a girl who people claimed she had HsV2 and she wasn't showing any breakouts on her mouth, face, lips, etc and she decided to make a move on me and kiss me with tongue for a couple brief seconds. We were both Intoxicated and my judgement was clouded. The following hours I ended up kissing her friend, receiving oral and engaging in sexual activities. I went about my work week until about 5 days later did I feel a really sharp lower back pain, find it difficult to urinate and just didn't feel like myself, tired, etc. I have a strenuous job that has plagued me with minor back pain and I work roughly 50 plus hours a week and will follow up with gym sessions after work. I went to the gym that night and woke up with this back pain and thought I might have strained something really bad but also thought I saw white bumps on my lips or felt then anyways .I work in an extremely dry environment and the cold weather is really starting. I didn't have any cold sores blistering or anything like that, no tingling, burning etc. The area around my lips is just red like dryness like my hands. But I'm convinced it may be the HSV1 virus. So another week goes by and I see a red bump in my downstairs area and I put some eczema cream on it and it doesn't itch or burn, I have had acne down there before from time to time. I also have been washing the downstairs area at work with really inexpensive hand soap frequently thinking I could spread from lips to down here this whole time. I've also been taking a really potent antibacterial drug my buddy from Africa gets from time to time when he ships cars over there. The drug says it relieves all STDs including genital herpes. So I've been taking that for 4 days and will continue to take it even tho I think I am getting side effects of Hives, and itchiness that last for about a day or 2. I think the red irritation on my penis could be this aswell. The stds tests don't show HSV2 for up to 4 weeks I called and wanted to take a test and I am learning on here it is hard to pinpoint, you have to actively be breaking out and you can check the IGG levels or something. SO my questions is......the chances I got the Virus from kissing the first girl, giving it to the 2nd girl by kissing her, and then her giving it my downstairs area, all within the same night and about a 2 hour span. I have a feeling this would be a long shot but at the same time I feel like it could be a possibility. I would appreciate and knowledge, insight, and opinions plz. Also if I did contract it, how do I go about asking the girl who knowingly gave my the Virus why she wouldn't let me know and what I can do within the time frame up until testing if I do breakout, . I have a daughter that means everything to me and I want to be able to kiss her....Thanks In Advance Members.

-Stayingppositive101

I am going to keep my response as short and sweet as I can. The likelihood of you kissing someone with HSV-2, contracting the virus immediately, then kissing a girl giving it to her and then her giving it back to you genitally is pretty much impossible. If the first girl does have HSV-2...it is almost 100% likely it would reside in her genitals...not mouth. There is a possibility the girl you did receive oral from already had HSV-1 and gave it to you genitally...but I would say the first girl is a non factor. You were not very specific about what your sexual interactions included so its hard to determine what you might have been at risk for.

The only other thing I will say is that you could have HSV (either 1 or 2) but if you do...there is no way to pin it to that night unless you have never kissed someone or had any sexual interactions. I dont know how old you are but it sounds like there might have been some gossiping going around about the original girl you kissed and maybe even some teasing/bashing. I hope after being apart of this forum you come to learn not only how common HSV type 1 and 2 are and how it transmits, but that ignorance and shaming are wrong and never warranted whether someone is or is not HSV positive. The fact is in a group of 6 of your male friends, one of them statistically has HSV-2 (genital herpes). In a pool of females its 1 in 4. If you haven't already slept with a woman who has HSV-2...you more than likely will in your lifetime. The more informed you are the better

If you choose to get tested regardless of the results, I hope you use this forum to become more educated and less judgmental and maybe even choose to educate those around you as well.

Hi and thanks for the response! I wasn't bashing anybody, nor where the other people who mentioned it about the first girl. They said it was a possibility I could have received it under the circumstances. My mom and sister both have HSV1 orally. I just wanted insight from someone who was more educated on the subject more than myself. I said that I accepted that it happened and would move on the correct way if indeed I did contract it. It's totally normal and your correct it is a very common skin condition. And I could've gotten it from the 2nd girl as well you are absolutely correct. I have slept with the 2nd girl before and I didn't have any symptoms but it can lay dormant for years, months, etc. I will wait to be tested to find out for sure. I didn't think it would be a possibility to contract the virus, share it and then have it passed back to genitally all in the same night. Thank you for confirming this ;)