• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Scared to death and confused

So, I'm pretty sure I have hsv 2, I'm awaiting the results and still have around 5 days left of waiting. I never saw this coming, but I'm sure nobody really does. I'm in my twenties and I've had sex with 4 people, all of which I was in a relationship with. I'm in a new relationship with an amazing guy and after two months of having sex I started having symptoms. It hurt the last two times we had sex and I thought that was normal because I wasn't used to having so much sex like we had been having. The last time we had sex was Wednesday and then on Friday I remember feeling weird when I sat down but nothing bad, I didn't think much of it. I thought I had a vaginal tear becaus it hurt when pee when touch it and I assumed it was from pretty rough sex and my friend said that's happened to her before, she's married and they have only been with each other. Come Sunday I was in so much pain and my vagina just looked irritated but nothing on my actual skin. It started burning so bad when I peed that I could cry and it hurt to sit, bend, you name it. When I got checked out at first they had me take a urinalysis and they said I had a UTI. But I mentioned my vagina was in a lot of pain at the very bottom. She looked at it and took a swab for a viral culture. I haven't noticed any new sores but I'm in so much pain and she said she could see the "cut" and that it is either trama or hsv. Obviously it's not trama or I wouldn't have discharge and severe pain and burning. My boyfriends ex was known to cheat, but also my ex could have had it because he had been with a lot of women. I have no clue what to do and when this pain will stop, I've never pictured my life going like this and I have so much going on right now. I need advice on how to cope. My boyfriend says he wants to work through whatever the outcome may be, but if I have it and he doesn't then I just don't think I could let him take the risk of ever getting it.

Hi, @Young_Confused....welcome.....and hugs!! I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain right now. I'm hopeful others who have been where you are right now can offer better advice than I can on finding relief from the initial outbreak. You might also find helpful tips from using the search feature at top right.

Has your boyfriend said whether he plans to be tested? It's entirely possible he may already have the virus, in which case you wouldn't have to worry about transmission between the two of you if you indeed test positive.

If you'd like to learn more about the basics regarding HSV, I think this short handbook is a great place to start (https://www.westoverheights.com/herpes/the-updated-herpes-handbook/), as are some of the resources Adrial offers here at H Opp. Beyond that, you've really got enough on your plate just managing the physical symptoms and waiting for your results. Be kind to yourself.....perhaps that means extra sleep, a massage, doing an activity that helps you to forget about the limbo you're in right now, etc.

Just know that no matter what the outcome of the test, you *will* be okay. How you feel now--physically and emotionally--is not forever. And there is no reason to think you won't go on to live the life you've dreamed of. :)