• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

suppressive medicine short time

I read somewhere maybe here that people take suppressive medicine for a short time before a vacation because they are going to drink alot and eat junk. does it work?

i am currently on episodic medication because of stress and i thought i felt prodrome feelings. i am going on a trip in 4 days. should i start now to take suppressive medicine zovirax twice a day 400 mg until i am starting with all the drinking and stuff?

also i read that when you take suppressive medicine for 6-12 months you often can get an outbreak right after you stop. why is that? do you think if i take now for a few days i can also get an outbreak because i took suppressive medicine?

everything is so confusing about herpes all the doctors and people online have different opinions.

my doctor actually told me (and she is one of the most respected in my country) that if i don't have sores i am not contagious and shedding was not proven 100 percent. so as you see that is what really make me confused and going crazy so many opinions. so much grey area.