• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Can herpes be transmitted in swimming pools and lake?

I was recently entertaining my friends child .... took her swimming in a private pool and took her swimming to a lake ... her mom told me today she has a bump on outside of her vagina that feels like a mosquito bite when touched ... nothing else ... I know that if someone asked me that question, I would say NO way !!! But I'm a bit anxious... spend all day on Google and found one article from 83?and another from 2017 that indicate that herpes can survive in water ... my issue is privite pools and lake have little / no chlorine ... most of my reading material said you can bathe with your kids ... I'm still terrified ...

btw, I have hsv2 with no symptoms ...

Anybody have any more insight?

• mr_hopp changed the title to Can herpes be transmitted in swimming pools and lake?