• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Possibly newly infected and I got a few questions , thanks in advance .

Hi everybody I was recently diagnosed ? Well this is what happened . I was first diagnosed with genital warts I had one big one and a few small ones that were presumed to also be genital warts ( around the groin area and based of penis, where the groin ends and the penis begins) . I was given podofilox and I was definitely putting way to much so I started feeling like it burned everywhere down there , the small ones I put so much I burned my skin . Any ways I freaked out went back to my medical provider explained the symptoms , she said it was probably a reaction to putting to much podofilox , any ways I asked for a herpes test just in case . They took my blood and around 4 days later she calls me back and tells me I am herpes positive so I'm like ok , what kind ? She is like it doesn't matter you are herpes positive . I was wondering what kind of test she gave me , and how does she think it's fine to tell me it doesn't matter what kind it is , since you can get both orally and on the genital area . So this Monday I went back to take a type specific blood test . I'm wondering what kind of test she gave me first ? And if anything could alter the result if they are just looking for herpes virus or antibodies in your blood . I was also wondering about the grows on my groin they don't look like anything I have seen in the internet , no redness around it , they seem to be fleshy and pink . The one thing I find weird is that podofilox made it scab but it didn't go away. Anyway it sucked st the beginning but thank to this forum I'm starting to see that if I got it , this isn't nothing but a pain in the ass skin infection. My depression and anxiety take the best of me at night and in the morning but honestly I decided that this condition won't dictate my life or who I am.

Hope to hear y'alls opinions .

These are questions for the woman who performed this test. We cannnot tell what test she performed. Based on her response it was possibly the cheaper igm test, which cannot differentiate between different strains of herpes. You should ask to see the results.

In the future you should get an igg blood test