• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

If infected with hsv2 down below can you still get it later orally?

My bf and I have been infected for almost 5years now, we both have it down below. Last week he was having a breakout n normally we don't have sex while having breakouts (it's rare) n we try using condoms, but we definitely don't go down on each other during those periods. Well this time he asked me to go down just avoiding the area he was having the break out. It was very difficult avoiding it, and neways I'm sure i got it in my mouth a few times. I really wasn't too worried bcuz I remember my bf telling me that his Primary DR telling him when ur infected in one area ur body builds on immunity to it so u can't get the same virus else where. I really believed that.... however just yesterday I noticed a sore inside my lower lip. It's very small like a dot. I noticed it cuz it was irritating me. The days following me finding the sore my lip had felt irritated but I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. I just assumed my braces were irritating my lip. I did notice a cut in the area from me laying on my face and my braces cutting into my lip, so that wat I thought was causing it until yesterday I noticed the sore appeared next to the cut. Anyways is what the DR said true? Or did I just screw myself? I don't really think it's a big deal but I've never had any cold sores and I dont feel like dealing with them. And how severe wud the outbreaks be?

• 2 weeks later...

I wish those who are not medical professionals would stop giving out false information & statistics. Being infected in one area does not guarantee immunity in the other. I support being supportive; however, handing out false information is where I draw the line. I have H in both areas & it is hell. My eyes are impacted & so is my equilibrium since I'm constantly dizzy. I would warn against engaging in oral sex. Some would advise that the risks are minimal. I can only reference what I have experienced.