• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Help, conflicting information

I recently had sex with a new partner who had a cold sore (Herpes Simplex 1), we did not kiss or perform oral due to this but did have protected sex.

Recently I've developed itching around the anus and pubic area of my genitals, it comes and goes in different spots and has been happening for around 1 1/2 weeks, there doesn't seem to be any blisters formed, im also unwell and have swollen glands in the neck and armpit. I'm panicking a little as typing this into Google seems to point me towards herpes.

Are my symptoms of itching accurate for herpes? Any help would be appreciated!

I think zero chance for that particular sex act. If he has cold sores the transmission would occur from his mouth to your genitals. Has he performed oral on you at all?? If so, that's more likely as he could be shedding anytime with or without an obvious cold sore.

Yes oral took place 2/3 weeks prior to having sex, there where no coldsores present at the time, is it likely for me to contract from that? And are my symptoms that of a herpes breakout?

I've also had pain in the anus area, there has been some blood but it's difficult to check for blisters or sores though. Would you expect herpes to affect the anus if there was no activity near there? Only oral sex and protected vaginsl sex? Not sure how the virus works

Hsv1 could have been transmitted through your activity 2-3 weeks ago. Not your most recent contact. However, it's not likely. Itching can be for a million reasons, and swollen lymph nodes due to genital herpes tend to occur in your genitals.

Herpes symptoms can absolutely appear in the anus area and commonly do. Still, you most likely do not have anything. I would wait a couple months and then get an igg test. If any blisters appear you can swab them.