• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Infected with herpes by mutual masturbation?

I recently became infected with herpes. The doctor confirmed with a swab test but he did not have the test typed. So I do not know if it's Type 1 or 2. (Can't tell you how angry that makes me.). Anyway, my contact with the gentleman was mutual masturbation and oral. He aggressively masturbated himself, and then proceeded to me. Of course he says he doesn't have herpes. LOL. But if he was shedding , would I be more likely to have HSV one or two? I never had genital contact with the man. So I got infected either through masturbation or oral. Really wish I knew if it was one or two.

I appreciate your feedback. I read pretty much what you have written to me. I guess I was looking to see if anyone had actual experience getting herpes this way. Terri Warren and another doctor said it's virtually impossible. They've never had a case document. All of the information pointing toward yes, uses hypothetical situation. All theory. I guess I can speculate all day and night. In the end I have to just be patient and wait for a blood test. Or another break up. So disappointed my doctor didn't run a type test.

The other thing to keep in mind is that giving a herpes diagnosis from a visual check alone is nothing to bet money on. I would either get a swab if there's another outbreak or wait for the blood test before assuming you have herpes to begin with. I know that will be a long wait for you. Just know that in the end, no matter what, you'll be okay!!