• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Well rejection sucks

I'm so sorry. Rejection sucks. I know there's not much I can say to take away that hurt. BUT. It will not always go like that! I'm currently in a relationship and my boyfriend was wonderful about it when I told him. The good news is, you got your first disclosure out of the way! Next time it will be easier. I don't know how long you've been on this forum, but there is some great advice on here. I've been where you are...but many years have gone by, and the more time goes by and the more I learn about it, the more insignificant it's become in my life. I recommend heading over to the success stories page and reading as many of those as you can. Because there ARE people out there who will not reject you. I've had a few rejections, but I've had many more successes. (I WISH some of those guys had rejected me to save me from terrible relationships that ensued...but that's another story ;))

Take some time to heal yourself, dust yourself off, and get back up again! You can do it!! Feel free to message me if you ever need to talk!

• 1 month later...

People get rejected all the time for many other things than herpes. Rejection is part of life, regardless of herpes. You can either sulk about it or move on. There's no point in dwelling on it. There are many other people out there who are OK with herpes. Perhaps you need to get better at disclosing. How you disclose can have a big effect on how it's received. Don't take it personally. You didn't get rejected per se, your disclosure got rejected. There are no guaranteed ways to disclose, but some are more effective than others at communicating what herpes really is.