• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

How do I act with new guys I meet?

So I just broke up with my bf of two years. I've had H for 7 months now. My ex and ihad split for 4 months and icontracted H from the dude i was ithink during our break up. I've only had to disclose i have H to my ex and he contracted it. I'm freaking out because now that i have herpes idk how to act with with new dudes i meet. I have guys who are trying to date me and I'm ahold overwhelmed D,: . I need help, advice stories anything!!!!

I so know that after the breakup and dating again deal :-(. Just a thought...you don't have to date anyone if you don't want to and you don't have to disclose to anyone unless you are wanting to be sexual with them. Why not date without sex and then you don't need to disclose...you take things slower and develop friendships and there is no pressure unless someone really special comes along and you want to tell him.

With new guys you meet just be yourself, Herpes is just a small part of your body, its not who you are. Take a deep breath, date and have fun...you can decide who you want to be intimate with and Herpes is a good way to slow things down and really look at the integrity and character of someone before you jump in and take it further.

A big hug..I know that overwhelming feeling too...but you are bigger than H and don't let it overwhelm you :-) xx

Yeah, I'm with lelani on this one. It sounds like the pressure is coming from the outside of people wanting to date you when you're not ready. You get to go down this road at the speed that feels right to you. Take care of yourself. Listen to yourself. When you're ready, you'll know. And sometimes being single is just what the doctor ordered! There's nothing wrong with that, too. It's dating yourself. ;)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Ya I'm more calm now thank you for your encouraging words :). Its helped a lot I've just been going out and having fun and learning to be ok being alone. One of my best friends I've had for awhile now confessed his affection for me he lives on the other side of the states but he's moving to Cali but wants to have a relationship with me. I disclosed to him that ihave H and to my surprised he researched H down to the T and said that to him it doesn't matter that it can be prevent to be spread. I told him that ineed time to heal my wounds from my relationship and get my independence back and be ok with myself first to make it fair to him. He totally said that icould take all the time ineeded to heal and he will wait for me because he wants to be with me that bad he's willing to wait TILL IM READY!!!!!