• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sex after herpes

Since my first outbreak, my vagina has not let my boyfriend's penis go in, even with lube. We've tried several times over around a three month period, my outbreak was four months ago. We hadn't had sex before herpes came along and I hadn't had very much sex in general before him but had only had that kind of problem once with someone else and that was just due to dryness. Have seen a lot of discussions on the internet started by people with herpes reporting pain after sex outside of outbreaks - I'm wondering if any other females have had this problem and if it is likely to be linked to the herpes? Did it got away after a while?

Hi Derpes,

I am not sure what's causing sex to be difficult, but I really doubt that it's due to a herpes outbreak 4 months ago. I'm surprised that you even tried lube and that didn't seem to help. hmm...

I've just never heard of herpes having that affect. I know that women can have pain during and after sex because of dryness. So, this is why I'm really surprised that the lube isn't helping.

As far as I know though, herpes comes and goes. It becomes present, then crusts over, and goes away. It doesn't have any effect after that, especially causing painful sex 3 months post having the outbreak.

I'm sry that I don't have the answer for what's causing this for you, but I just highly doubt it's because of herpes.

My best suggestion would be more foreplay to help loosen things up ;)

I haven't heard about this much either. Have you gone to your doctor to see what might be going on down there?

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Iknow what you mean...honestly though are you even wanting to have sex or is it because you have it that you mentally don't ? For me when it didn't work and it hurt was because my mental thought on having H iwas dirty and my sex drive changed. I wanted to but at the same time ididnt.