• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

H Buddies, unite!

Hi Cleopatra,

i live in spain , i am 30 years old too and i live in european time too:).Would be nice to chat by skype if you like.I have herpes 1 over a year now so i would like to give some support and sure i apreciate good advises from you too....to get some help is always good :).hope to speak to you soon .Judith

Hey amazon! How this thread works is you can go through the people who have already posted, and if someone sounds like a good fit for you, send them a private message! And then if someone sees your posting and thinks you're a good fit, they'll message you. Easy breezy. :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

Hey! I am 25, just starting school (again) for nursing, work full time, and trying to figure out how to still date with this. I was just diagnosed right after Christmas and although I'm not devastated any more it still seems overwhelming thinking about telling a new potential partner or confiding in a friend. It'd be nice to talk to another woman going through the same things or who has been through them!

This is a great idea :-) thank you Adrial for this.

I don't really need someone who lives near me just someone to chat with about it!

Im 42 proud navy mom :) and new to dating with hsv.

I do live in Oregon if that helps...

Life is great no "Debbie downer here" lol

I would love to have a buddy, but I doubt anyone here is in my area. I live in a small town near Danville, KY. Any takers?? The nearest larger city is Lexington. I'm a 24 year old female and recently diagnosed. I'm a young gal with an old soul so any age group is fine, and I have no preference as to male or female. Any buddy will do :)

• Like 1

Hi! I was diagnosed a month ago so I'm pretty new in all this thing. I would like to find a buddy doesn't matter female or male to talk about it, and well find support through all this. If there is someone in the Seattle area would be great!

Thank you!!

Hi Everyone..

Hoping this is the right place to be posting this but I sure could use someone to talk to. My boy friend just found out he has H.. He got real sick and had an out break.. He never even knew he had it. We have been together for eight months. I have tested negative at this time but the doctor will test me again in three weeks.

I am wondering how to go forward in this relationship. He is taking it real hard, but doesn't want to talk to anyone yet.

I love the guy.. :) He is a good man. But we have no idea how to go about have any kind of intimate relations now.. And celibacy isn't his thing.. Nor mine..

I probably would do best with a female buddy, but I really don't mind either way..

I am 50 yrs old and my guy is 55. Needless to say.. this is a big shock to both of us.. And any one that can give some advice or some hints.. and some good old fashioned talk would be appreciated..

Thanks so much ... Roxy

Hi all,

I am a 23 year old female. I am originally from Alabama, but now living in Tennessee. I got diagnosed 2 years ago and have seriously felt like I am the only one with this condition. I know that I am not. I got it from my husband, so I know I am not alone. I can't talk to him about it though, because it makes us argue. If anyone would like to contact me, please feel free to do so. It doesn't matter where you are. I have seriously thought about suicide and trying to just disappear. I have felt like it has ruined my life and I am going to die from it. I know that's not likely, but I feel this way. It has caused me severe anxiety and depression. I don't know anyone else with it. I'm not ashamed of it, but I don't broadcast it to everyone either. It's not something that I enjoy living with, but I wouldn't mind having someone else to talk to about it. :) thank you.

I am in the Raleigh, NC area and am looking for a female h buddy in the area who has has H for a while and can answer my many questions about dating, disclosing, sex, etc. I am also opened to male and female buddies from anywhere who would just like to talk. Thank you:o)

• 2 weeks later...

I am 35 year old woman and was diagnosed with HSV 2 a month ago. I am having a really tuff time coping with this diagnosis and would really appreciate speaking to someone who has gone through the process of healing (emotionally) and can guide me on how to get there.

Hey everyone,

I'm Ashley. I'm 26 and I've had herpes since 2009. I've finally accepted and embraced it. I feel like a new woman! I found a loving and supportive partner who did not (and still does not) have H and he has helped me feel comfortable in my own skin again. I'm in the greater Philadelphia PA area and I'd be happy to talk to anyone who is struggling with feeling "unlovable" or "unsexy." I'm a sex-positive sexuality educator and I'm happy to share support, hugs, information, and laughs with any and all!