• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Sweating and herpes?

Hi guys ,

since over a year I have Herpes Genitales 1 and i am one of the lucky girls who get monthly outbreak ,even if i am eating very healthy and I try to think positiv (at least in the last couple of months....before i was a mess) , probably this is because i have crohn disease. So yesterday ,after over 1 year I decided to go back to my gym to bring my body back in good shape.I started only with one and half hour kardio training , i was sweating a bit but not to much.So this morning i waked up and i had this typically itchy burning feeling on the site of my leg and i checked now and i already can see some red spots on the site of my butt(never had an outbrreak at this area??? ).....so here we go again,welcome to another herpes outbreak :(( this is usually not the time i am getting an outbreak so i guess, i got one because i was sweating to much in the gym.

Could somebody tell me if you have the same issue when you do some sport, is the body get used to it after while or do people who get outbreaks from sweating have it all they lives.(should i cancel the gym directly, no need to waste money)

I start to accept that i cant have a boyfriend because i have monthly outbreaks and will be alone for the rest of my live, i can accept that i can´t eat tones of chocolate, i can accept not to party anymore but i cant accept that i will be not able to do some sport or go for hiking,do activities which let me feel healthy and good ...there is nothing left in my live what could chear me up...i tell myself every day that the virus shouldnt control my live but herpes teached me better today ...this stupid virus take my live over.(sorry i am bit depessed today)

Could you tell me whats your experience with sweating and herpes does it got at ny point better??????

Thanks

Have a good day guys.

Judith

Judith,

It breaks my heart to hear you say that you accept the fact that you can't have a boyfriend and do the regular things that you used to do in life. I Know for a fact that herpes doesn't mean you can't have a boyfriend ever again. You are 100% lovable- herpes or no herpes. I've had it for 10 months now and I find that I basically have monthly outbreaks. The outbreaks usually don't last long, and they're not so painful, but it can be disheartening at times to get outbreaks. Often when I get them though, I just start right up on taking Acyclovir, it goes away quickly, and I don't really think about it.

When it comes to dating- have you ever tried using positive singles? I used this website when I was first diagnosed. It was a great support system, and it helped show me that I wasn't the only one with herpes looking for love. I've made some really great friendships and have had some healing conversations. A herpes dating website is one way to go; but meeting someone special and having the disclosure talk is always an option. Please don't shut people out because of herpes. It's not fair to you or other people who want to get to know you *heart*

Have you tried using meds on a regular basis to decrease your # of outbreaks? I wonder if that would help. Also- are you sure that it was the sweat that made you break out? I wonder if it was coming on anyway. I'm no expert, but I really doubt that every time you sweat it would trigger an outbreak. Are you new to having herpes? Because if that's the case- then your body is still getting used to the virus and it'll be triggered the most right now, and then less as your body gets used to it.

I understand the frustration and bad days that come with herpes. I experience them too, although it's gotten much better. But what I want to say is "Don't make a bad day make you feel like you have a bad life."

Big hug,

-Katie

Hi Katie,

thanks for your message.Yes i know that i have herpes for sure and i am sure that i have an outbreak at the moment.Even if have only really small outbreaks i can distiguish if its a spot or an outbreak .Over the last 15month i got an expert in listen to my body.I have an itchy ,burning feeling at moment and this meens always herpes:( This is not the time i am usually getting outbreaks ,i always get signs before and i get them 3-4day before my period or in between.So i am really sure it comes from sweating....in the past i went every weekend hiking but if i go now and the sun is quit strong in the spanish Montains( live in Barcelona)then i always get this itchy feeling ,so i only go every 2 -3 month now.

I dont take antivirales at the moment but i have since one month valtex in my house but i am to scared to take them .Valtex is no harm for normal person but i took in the last 10 year strong medication for my crohn disease and i dont wanne damage my lever more then it is already.I eat every day with coconut oil and i accupunctre my self, (even in the genital area :(

Well here in spain we have the positiv website too but there are only 100 people registrated and they not even live close to me .

Anyway if i have 1 outbreak per month there is no possibilty to have an boyfriend.this would always meen that i would infect somebody for sure.If you have outbreak you need to wait at least 2-3 weeks before you can have sex again and no guy ever would go for it , so no need to go on dates at all.

Well will see whats future brings but my body know herpes now long time ,so i dont think it will produce more antibodies....so i will need to live with it.

Anyway katie thanks for your message....i feel already bit better today.

Gracias Judith

• 2 years later...
Hi guys ,

since over a year I have Herpes Genitales 1 and i am one of the lucky girls who get monthly outbreak ,even if i am eating very healthy and I try to think positiv (at least in the last couple of months....before i was a mess) , probably this is because i have crohn disease. So yesterday ,after over 1 year I decided to go back to my gym to bring my body back in good shape.I started only with one and half hour kardio training , i was sweating a bit but not to much.So this morning i waked up and i had this typically itchy burning feeling on the site of my leg and i checked now and i already can see some red spots on the site of my butt(never had an outbrreak at this area??? ).....so here we go again,welcome to another herpes outbreak :(( this is usually not the time i am getting an outbreak so i guess, i got one because i was sweating to much in the gym.

Could somebody tell me if you have the same issue when you do some sport, is the body get used to it after while or do people who get outbreaks from sweating have it all they lives.(should i cancel the gym directly, no need to waste money)

I start to accept that i cant have a boyfriend because i have monthly outbreaks and will be alone for the rest of my live, i can accept that i can´t eat tones of chocolate, i can accept not to party anymore but i cant accept that i will be not able to do some sport or go for hiking,do activities which let me feel healthy and good ...there is nothing left in my live what could chear me up...i tell myself every day that the virus shouldnt control my live but herpes teached me better today ...this stupid virus take my live over.(sorry i am bit depessed today)

Could you tell me whats your experience with sweating and herpes does it got at ny point better??????

Thanks

Have a good day guys.

Judith

He llegado a este post de casualidad y he visto que eres de Barcelona. Me ha impactado lo de que aceptas que estarás sola el resto de tu vida. Espero que hayas cambiado tu punto de vista sobre el tema.

Yo he sido diagnosticado hace 7 meses. Al principio fue muy duro, pero poco a poco me voy haciendo a la idea. Y desde luego, no pienso que sea cierto eso que dices, ni en tu caso ni en el de nadie.

@judith

Honey ... you don't have to wait 2-3 weeks after an OB for sex .. I tell people 5-10 days depending on severity (longer for worse OB's to let the skin heal rather than because of concern for shedding) ...

Also, I hear you that you don't want to hurt your liver mover because of the Crohns ... but what you may want to try is to start taking Valtrex a day before you usually have an OB... and take it for the 3-4 days you normally have the OB ... that may be all you need to control the OB's or at least make them much shorter. That way it shouldn't hurt your liver....

And the sweat? Yes - some people have issues with exercise ... but like everything else, sometimes it just means your body has to adjust ... so go slow (going from nothing to an hour and a half of cardio is a BIG jump) ... start with 1/2 hr and see how your body reacts... if you only exercise a few days a week, again, perhaps try taking one Valtrex before you go to the gym and that may help with the OB...

Don't give up ... you CAN find love... just keep working to learn how to manage the virus in your body ... and someone will come along some day who loves you regardless of herpes...

(((HUGS)))

Hi @JulianT and @WCSDancer2010,

well this post is a long long long time ago. I was just pissed of at that day, that's all.

Dancer I do take Valtrex but people with crohn disease cant fight the virus, like people with normal health.....statistic don't count for people like me.

You cant find love when you cant control the virus at least a bit, which is my case not possible. I have it since 3 years, I tried a lot of stuff but it don't work because crohn is a really strong disease, which put your immune system most of the time down.

I learned to live with my situation and I am fine...I try to do always nice things in my live and I am more or less happy....even without a man or sex in my live.

Live is still beautiful....and I learned to appreciate other things :)

I wish you both a sunny beautiful day. besos

Hi @Judith

Perhaps in your case the chances of infection are higher than normal, but in any long term relationship is a matter of time that infection occurs. You only need to find somebody who does not worry about that.

You are going to think that it´s not so easy. I'm not saying it's easy but We all need to find someone who consents to be infected just to be with us.

¿What's the difference between a 4% risk an a 40% risk? In te long term there's no difference.

And you must consider that if you infect somebody, is very likely that he had milder symptons that you have (assuming he didn't have Crohn). HSV1 usually has mild symptons.

I have HSV I and I'm worried about the same things that you, but I prefer to think that eventually I'll overcome it.

By the way, I have never heard about a relationship between herpes outbreaks an sweatting. You can ask Terri warren. I thin'k that it's possible she could help you: https://www.westoverheights.com/forum/herpes/herpes-questions/

Un beso,

JT