• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Herpes Opportunity weekend - Awesome!

Oh god I still feel the love all the way from here. I would have so loved to have been there too because I knew it would be so much bigger than H...and that you would all feel that.

There is nothing more amazing than souls connecting at this kind of level and it truly is magic :-) x

Thanks so much Alyssa for sharing your experience. I was totally captivated by your story. You have such a beautiful heart and such a lovely way of expressing yourself. I, for one, am glad you joined our "Star Trek Convention". I am so much better for having met you and being able to share my journey and all the darker and insecure parts of myself without fear of judgment and in a place of total love and acceptance. I hope our paths cross again soon! Love you and miss you! xox

Alyssa and Brenda, may I just 'second' your posts about the weekend? :-) Reading them brought me visions and warm/fuzzy feelings of the weekend all over again. Plus, Alyssa, I had no idea what a journey it was for you to just get here! I'm also blown away by all the parallels.

Anyway, I want to likewise share with everyone how wonderful it was to meet you as well as share my feedback for anyone who may be considering attending the next weekend seminar. I’m still feeling the weekend’s impact on many levels! I’m so very glad I ended up attending. I wasn’t sure I’d be the right kind of participant as I have had herpes for 15 years thus many years to process it (yet there have been things in recent years that gave me the same feelings of dis-empowerment and rejection, as I had when I was first diagnosed with herpes).

After a brief chat with Adrial, I felt like it may be good for me and it would be nice to connect with some new people. Now in retrospect, amazing, talented, beautiful and real people that I grew to love in such a short time! Anyway, I had been feeling a little stuck in my life and thought perhaps this medium would help oil the old wheels a little, give me a small boost (maybe even some direction). So I was hopeful that I had made this wise decision but I have to admit, a little skeptical. I even considered only attending parts of the event as I had a lot of unexpected things pop up the week leading up to it. I was kind of a wreck, emotionally and physically drained. I was afraid I was going to fall apart but I wanted/needed to make some kind of movement.

Even though I saw the video, I still pictured a cold conference room with me taking notes and sipping hot coffee. I started out the weekend with some reservation and when the staff set up the room to have all the participants situated in the front row with them behind us (to create a supportive environment for the participants), I realized this wasn’t the kind of seminar that you could attend in parts. This was full throttle total immersion with each game/exercise building into the next.

What struck me was how my perception of things and others changed from the beginning of the weekend versus the end. I went into the weekend not really even knowing why I was attending, only that I thought it could be good for me. By the end of the weekend I had a great realization. I realized that I actually had the desire to get my life back and I could imagine how that would feel. This means that I got a taste of what my life could be, and liked it! Up until the seminar, I wouldn’t dare enter into ‘what could be,’ because I couldn’t get past what was, which left me feeling powerless.

I'm still dealing with these feelings, especially since it's been a few weeks since the seminar, but progress is happening with little effort on my part. It's been years since I've had vivid dreams and just recently they started back up again. Past experience tells me that when the vivid dreams start, things are in the works and all I need to do is stay as open as possible and enjoy the ride. I credit the weekend for these new developments.

Now I really understand why it’s called the H Opportunity. I think anyone could benefit from a seminar like this, and I feel so fortunate that my condition led me to it! Much love to you all!

DrSuz, it would be great to meet you. We have such an amazing group of people here. Thanks to Adrial for attracting such a fantastic, loving, supportive group. We need to have another Opportunity weekend soon! If you haven't been, oh my God, you need to go. It is the MOST amazing experience. It has literally changed my life. The only down side is I met such wonderful people who I miss so much every single day.

Hey Coffeepal! The latest and greatest info will always be available here: http://herpesopportunity.com ... As it stands now, the next weekend will probably happen in the next 3-4 months. And if you're on the email list, you'll be the first to know once I announce the next date so there's plenty of time to plan for it! If you're not on the email list yet, here's how to sign up for that: http://eepurl.com/b4IPP

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources:

• 4 months later...

I can't wait for the upcoming H Opp weekend! It's only 10 days away! :)

This content is for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute medical advice or diagnosis. I'm not a medical professional, so please take this as friendly peer support. 

Helpful resources: