• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Inspirational quotes

• 2 months later...

A quote by Dr. Suess ( my absolute favorite quote) "Don't cry because its over, smile because it happened." Not only am a "h" statistic, I am a statistic of suicide. When my son's father took his life this quote helped me on my darkest days. While losing a loved one is extremely painful this quote reminded me to look back and smile because "we" happened and I have the greatest gift of all, his son. The quote doesn't really apply to "h" but it helped me over that hurdle and I know i'll find one to help me over this hurdle.

• 3 months later...

So glad to have found this thread! I'm a bit of a quote junkie too. Some that have been sticking out lately:

"Whether we like limitations and obstacles or not, they take us out of our comfort zone, out of what we are used to and we are forced to grow. We can fight it or we can go with it. But if we choose the path of acceptance, it can open our eyes to the hidden doors of opportunity and we come to realise that instead of being on the brink of disaster, we are actually on the verge of a miracle." -Mrs. Wicked

"Forgiveness is the fragrance the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it." -Mark Twain

"You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analysing a situation, trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on." -Tupac Shakur

"You must be able to bear your sorrow, even if it seems to crush you. You will be able to stand up again, for human beings are so strong, and your sorrow must become an integral part of yourself. You mustn't run away from it. Do not relieve your feeling through hatred. Give your sorrow all the space and shelter in yourself that is its due, for if everyone bears grief honestly and courageously, the sorrow that now fills the world will abate."

-Etty Hillesum

"Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be." -Wayne Dyer

Dear Heart_of_Gold2

these quotes have hit the nail on the head precisely at the moment needed! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Had a rough w/e, which should've been a great w/e... but perhaps I rely too much on the fantasies in my head. Whatever it may be... Tupac's quote just gave me a jolt of enthusiasm... I posted it on my Facebook timeline. Have you read Tupac's poetry? If you haven't, I strongly recommend it: The Rose that Grew From Concrete.

Much love... CAV

“If that were God's plan, it's a bad bargain; I don't want to have to deal with a God like that...My sense is God and I came to an accommodation with each other a couple of decades ago, where he's gotten used to the things that I'm not capable of and I've come to terms with things he's not capable of...and we care very much about each other.”

― Harold S. Kushner

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I haven't been around these parts as frequently as I would like... hope all of you (and that stud Adrial) are doing well. I think about you often. A facebook friend wrote the quote I'm pasting below; he was feeling inspired and spiritually gratified. I thought you'd enjoy it... it could also work as a just-rolled-out-of-bed-where-is-my-coffee type of affirmation... for those of us who go to bed happy and wake up a little cranky. HaHa. Much love, CARLOS

"I am free. I am happy. I wear the smile that assures security and fulfillment beyond any obstacle, setback or misfortune that may occur from here to forever. I have arrived at a place where my flaws no longer hinder me but excel my prosperity. I already have been, and will be, but more importantly: I Am. I do not set myself above the troubles of the world but I will not use it as an excuse or a crutch for pity's eye. My head remains elevated because I know that I will do what the ones before me hoped I would; in my own way. And I know that I am surrounded by the same because these words were inspired and formed from them all. From YOU all. From the stigmas, stereotypes and expectations, I have risen yet remain grounded, certain of my place and my mission. Further I will trek. Higher I will rise. Join me? There's more than enough room."

--D. E. Smith--

A University of Chicago study reports that “we turn to others not so much for guidance, but for rational construction or confirmation of our own way of seeing things.”

Journalist Harold Swope warns, “I can’t tell you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure: try to please everybody.”

source: Barbara Stanny. "Overcoming Underearning"