• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Does tanning cause herpes outbreaks?

I want to go tanning to even out/hide the ugly pigmentation scars that I've gotten, but I read somewhere that tanning can cause an outbreak of oral herpes (HSV-1). Just wondering if you guys had any experience with this and know if same thing goes for genital herpes (HSV-2)?

Exposure to sunlight can cause outbreaks of either type. As such, you'll want to be careful not to overdo it.

Remember, what triggers an ob for one person, may or may not trigger it for the next. Thus, the only way to find out if it triggers one for you is to go hang 10 and get a tan, dude.

You have to think of your body as a giant petri dish right now. Put on a white lab bikini and see what happens as you experiment. Each of our body's are different, the chemistry is different, the immune systems, the reactions, etc. are all variable.

Kathy..

I have both and I found that if I was already stressed, tanning would set off the oral Herpes (I didn't let the sun shine where I get the other one ;) ). Nowadays it doesn't bother me at all...

I also have been through spells where chocolate and nuts set me off, and they don't bother me at all either any more...so things can change too depending on whatever is going on in your life and your body (ie, chemical changes from health, age as in menopause, etc). As you live with it longer you figure out how to kick it down faster and I for one have one hell of a quiet and peaceful life now thanks in part to Herpes :)