• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Life isn’t Over - Progression post

December 12th was the day of diagnosis. (HSV2)

I took acyclovir for 10 days & then I decided to start suppressive therapy.

I will use this post as a place to come back & update. It will hopefully help somebody else & allow me to see my progress.

Beginning: (12/12/17)

I had flu-like symptoms and by the next day I had a few spots in my genital area and I knew what it had to be. That cleared up within a few days. I was emotional the first day but got it together pretty quick & just dove into positive posts, books, music & overall thinking! I would have some tingling in legs & buttocks but it quit after the first maybe 2 weeks. During the first month I also took Vitamin C, L-Lysine, & sometimes zinc. I soaked in the tub a lot, used coconut oil & tea tree oil down there.

Started suppressive therapy.

Currently: (2/26/18)

I ran out of my month of acyclovir almost two weeks ago. I plan on picking up the next script this week. I have to make a little drive to go get it & I just haven’t been able to. Not taking it for almost two weeks had allowed me to see what I feel like off of it. I had not been having any outbreaks but I am starting to feel one coming on. The itching & twinges has come back down there. That just lets me know that I want to stay on suppressive therapy for a while. Having the symptoms of an outbreak gives me some anxiety.

I use an app to remind me to take my medicine & it helps me keep track of any days I missed and trends. I have not been taking the l-lysine, vitamin c or zinc this last month.

Recently had some changes that I’m not sure are HSv related or not. I’ve started breaking out on my upper Bavk which is not normal for me at all. I also have dry patches on my face. *Anybody else ever experienced this??

I have good and bad days as I’m sure everyone else does. I don’t feel as sad or dirty as I did in the beginning, but I have days where I have some anxiety & just annoyed with knowing I have H.

Btw- when I say breakout on my back I just mean red like acne bumps. Not a ton but about 8 spread out. Not painful or anything, just one of those annoying things nobody wants.

Wasn’t sure if it could be from HSV, the antivirals, or maybe not enough water.... or completely unrelated. I plan to see a dermatologist if it doesn’t clear up soon on it’s own.