• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Second Outbreak: Is the end near?

I haven’t been able to get a refill prescription due to the place being closed over the weekend, holiday, and now weather. Will the outbreak end on its own or do I have to have the prescription?

It’s scabbed over and came off so it’s open again, does that mean I’m in the finally stage of healing? Or will it flare up again due to not being on prescription?

It'll heal fine on it's own and if it's already scabbed over starting the meds now probably won't do much anyway. How does this compare to your first out break? I had my first 2 months ago and am just waiting, waiting, waiting for a second one. The anticipation is killing me.

@Username My first outbreak was definitely worse. It’s been 4 months in between the two. The symptoms before it were worse and lasted longer. And because the doctor had to get samples of the sores to test for herpes, it made it flare up even more. So this time around, now that’s it’s not being messed with I think it’s healing better. The pain is all the same to me though. And just knowing I have it still isn’t any better. It’s a lot easier to tell when you’ll be having the outbreak because you can recognize the symptoms better.

I know quite a few that never go on meds. Try it - but know that going on them does not stop your body from doing its job, it just makes your symptoms easier to cope with. I'd say go on meds at 3x per day for 7 days and then go off or go on suppressive at 2x per day.

Meds don't hurt anything but do assist in the healing process - my doc has said, it's up to me how I wish to treat it.

Hang in there and yay for a 4 month break! HSV2 is much worse than the HSV1... so you on the right track by being vigilant. I think :)