• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Not sure what is happening..

Hi everyone

First wanted to say that this community is such a loving one.. it is really heart warming to see such open and honest people come together for support.

So, to get to it, I am not sure if I have contracted herpes. I had a one night stand, unprotected, about 10 days ago. Almost immediately my vulva area felt weird and tingly, so I asked him to stop (he almost refused.. it was horrifying). Anyways, for over a week now the area has just felt tingly, and appears red and a little bit sore. About 4 days after the encounter I was in bed with a full body/muscle-achy flu for three days. I have no blisters or bumps, no intense pain.

I have been checking the area so often in the mirror that I am starting to think that maybe the checking is what is causing the soreness. But this is not like anything I have ever felt before. I went to a walk in clinic and she laughed and said it doesn't look like herpes and the flu has nothing to do with it, but provided me medication just in case.

I am going to get a type test this week with my family doc to make absolutely sure.

I am here to get as informed as I can in the meantime. While it is really easy to read and see what herpes looks like during an OB.. I haven't been able to find pictures of what the "pre-outbreak" symptoms look like. This soreness and kind of irritated vulva area.. can anyone help describe to me what that looks and feels like? There seems to be such a spectrum of symptoms. I know it is hard to pinpoint anything. The swelling of my vulva almost makes it look generally lumpy.. but with no little vesicles.

Any help would be so appreciated...

This sounds a lot like what I’ve been experiencing, I had a one night stand and studiedly took his word on being clean, I reacted almost immediately to that night there was tingling and itching. At first I thought it was a yeast infection, but the swelling and pain got to bad for it to be that, I looked down there so many times I never saw any bumps or sores (yet) it was just really swollen. When i saw the doctor though she looked down there and new what it was just by looking a bit, I’m now 7 days into my first OB and just now seeing spots, I started medication 3 days after symptoms started.

I’m not really sure If this helps you or not, but thought I would share my experience so far.

I was diagnosed with genital HSV1 3 months ago - I had a one night drunken fling, and about 10 days later started getting itching, redness and then full blisters - I also had a day of flu/fever like symptoms (which a lot of people get so don't know why your doc said it wasn't related).

Prodrome symptoms for me include itching and redness in the area - however not everyone that gets HSV will get the full blisters, and may have less severe symptoms (a lot of people contract HSV and have such mild symptoms they don't even notice they have it). So even if you don't have the painful blisters, it's still worth getting checked out.

Try not to panic about it - HSV is super common but it is the stigma of it that is the tough bit to deal with. This forum is great though and has a lot of supportive members, keep us posted on how you get on.