• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

GHSV1 and testing

I don’t want this post to be too long so I will try to keep this short!

Back in June 2016 I had my first ob of hsv 1 genitally. My igg was a 4.8 and negative for type 2. I got it from an ex who performed oral on me even without a cold sore at the time.

Jump to June 2017 I was intimate with another guy. Rough sex, and I thought it caused me to have another ob for hsv 1. However, I got worried. I waited 5 weeks to test for hsv 2. Negative. Then I tested 12 weeks, 17, 20 (Biokit), then at 22 weeks post exposure I tested via WB: type 1 positive and type 2 negative. I’ve talked to Terri and Anna Wald and they both seem sure I am negative at this point. Not sure why I can’t shake this feeling. My hsv 1 score at 17 weeks was 26, not sure if that makes a difference. I guess here’s my question to it all.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone having type 1 genitally and acquiring hsv 2 genitally later? Did they test by swab or blood test?

I have to go back to the doctor bc I’m pretty sure the guy gave me either genital warts or molluscum cont. The guy did go to the doctor and was diagnosed with warts after another doctor said it was skin tags. He did test for herpes and both 1 and 2 came back negative (so he says).

Thank you all!

Yes, some people have both genital HSV1 and HSV2, but everything you've said indicates your genital symptoms are caused by genital HSV1 and that you do not have genital HSV2.

If you're concerned about contracting HPV, you may want to consider getting vaccinated against HPV.