H Opp going?

Be a sustaining member.
We'll love you forever.

$5/month
$10/month
$20/month

Or for a one-time payment, click here.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

positive guide to herpes disclosure

Best way to meet people?

Hi, I am new here! I have had HSV2 for nearly two years (I'm 20 years old) and would like to start dating but I'm not sure how to! I work for a fairly big organisation and it's really the only place where I could potentially meet guys (I don't go out that much) but I haven't met anyone I'd be interested in dating. So I am thinking about dating sites and am not sure what to try? Online dating scares me a little bit to be honest. Does anyone know of any decent ones? I'm not sure how to feel about STD only dating sites because I don't want to limit myself.

Comments

• I use a regular dating site and it usually works out fine in terms of disclosure. I've even had a couple people disclose back to me. I do consider it a bonus when that happens, but not something that is enough of a reason to specifically seek out others who know their status. As you said, that's quite limiting, partially because most people who have it don't know it. About 1 in 8 HSV2+ people are aware while 7 in 8 with HSV2 are not.