• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

5 year anniversary with HSV2

I found out I have HSV2 almost 5 years to the day. I wasn’t exactly promiscuous but I wasn’t exactly careful either. I met a very healthy and attractive man. We began casually dating and about a month later we had sex. A few months passed and I went to my OB for an annual pap. while there I showed him a small rash I thought I had from shaving. He said it looked like herpes. What? You can get it there??? So naive. I was tested and the blood sample came back negative whew! A few months later I got another rash this time painful. Did a swab and bingo! You have HSV2. I went to my boyfriends (oh yeah we’re a thing now) and told him what happened. He whipped out his cock and showed me he had a rash too! He cried and Called me a filthy whore and look what I did to him! Tears were streaming! He was an athlete and this was a big shock to his immune system. He was with the same person prior to me for 7 years and she was the second person he’s slept with. How could I have done this to him? I felt terrible couldn’t believe I had hurt someone I cared for. I was so ashamed. For 2 years I was berated and reminded what I had done to him whenever we would argue, he held Herpes over my head. I don’t live in a huge city but it’s not a small town. I had lunch with a friend and mentioned I had a suspicion my boyfriend was cheating on me. she confessed she knew he cheated on his ex as well. With a little FB research I emailed his ex and we talked. I told her how he became abussive over the past year mentally and now physically. I needed to know I was not the only one he could treat this way. At first I blamed myself because of the guilt of giving him Herpes. But then, After two years I felt I had enough belittling and did my time. We talked for a good 30 minutes and at the end of the conversation she mentioned his Herpes. What!!!! How could she know??? You guessed it. He had it all along. I was so blind by my guilt I couldn’t see the deceit and lies he told me. He took the opportunity instead of telling me the truth to turn it on me and made me believe I gave it to him!

2 years later I began dating someone else. I told him before being intimate my story. I get outbreaks here and there but when I do we are safe as we can be. He knows there’s risk. But at least I was honest.