• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Having sex with genital herpes

About a month ago, i was diagnosed with HSV1. I've done a lot of research and it appears that i should only have 1 outbreak per year, if that. However, two weeks ago, i started having sex ( rough) with the guy who gave it to me. After both times, i think my herpes have flared up, because i got all red and sore around the bottom of my labia. I also tend to go to the toilet more often. I have also been tested positive for glandular fever within the last 3 mths, so obviously my immune system hasnt been the best lately.

This is clearly making me upset because I thought that I wouldn't be getting many outbreaks. Is this a common thing? Ive also read that this can happen with people who are newly diagnosed because they havent properly let their skin heal from the original outbreak. However, it could possibly be a yeast infection too? My discharge is white, thick and odourless - a little bit different to the discharge I had from the original outbreak.

thank you.