• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Buttock/Tailbone Outbreaks

When I was young, I would get cold sores on my lips. I remember specifically the worst outbreak ever when I was about 16-17 years old, it was so bad, it left a little scar on the bottom of my lip. After that, I never got another cold sore on my lips and years went by before I got another outbreak but this time, it was on my genitals. I kept getting it on my genitals for few years then no more outbreaks for several years. After that, I ended up going through very stressful time in my life and started having outbreaks on my tailbone or buttocks and never again on my genitals. I would say that it's been about 15 years since I've been getting outbreaks only on my buttocks or tailbone, never again on my lips (last one when I was 17) or on my genitals. So, I'm a little confused about the virus. Do I have 1 or 2? Both? Or is it 1 but it somehow transferred onto my genitalia then buttocks?

In a way, I'm glad I no longer get the cold sores because the ones on my back can be easily hidden but I feel that people are more accepting to see cold sores on the lips then anywhere else.

The easiest way to know what you have is to go get tested. I just found out that I have type 2 and I also get my outbreaks on my buttocks, in the waistline. Almost like where the butt to make a hill if that makes sense. Even though I was recently diagnosed I had the same rash a little more than a year ago and the dr told me it was a bug bite. Never even asked if I wanted a herpes test. So go get tested so you can know your status