• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

What to do now?

Hi Everyone,

I will start from the beginning. Yesterday, while I was in the shower, I was running the shower water over my vagina. I always open it up and let the water run in. This time, I felt something weird on my clit so I showered, got out and grabbed the mirror. I look down and its a flesh colored sore so I'm thinking okay, maybe I cut myself but when I proceeded to check, I saw two other sores of the same kind hidden to the side of it. So I panicked and hit search on the internet, it said things like herpes, fordyce spots and some other conditions so I just went to urgent care to get a doctors opinion because I am disturbed at this point. I go, wait forever and finally get seen by a male doctor. He takes one look and says that's herpes and proceeded to swab it and tell me to go get my blood work done and pick up a prescription. It wasn't until I started crying that he explained some of what Herpes was and that it's common and I could have gotten it from anyone.

Im not a hypochondriac or anything but I always get std checks and my vagina checked often because I have frequent yeast infections and was diagnosed with HPV early last year so I always go at the first sign of trouble. But with this, there is no burning, its not hurting when I pee, doesn't hurt when I squeeze it or anything like that, so I'm confused about what to do. I asked for a full std screening and HIV test even though I got tested in Sept of 2017 and everything was negative, I'm still worried because of the HPV and the new Herpes so I just want to be sure. I got the medicine and the bloodwork done so now I'm waiting for definite results but I have been reading so much online that I am scared.

I recently got into a new relationship in May of 2017 with this great guy and I was scared to tell him because I thought that he was going to blast me on social media and leave me but when I told him, he said that it's common and he's being really supportive. He says that he's not leaving me and has an appointment on Wednesday to get checked. I am scared that he is going to leave. But also wondering if he gave it to me? He says if he has it then I gave it to him. IDK, because wouldn't it have showed up last year since we have been having sex since then? How would I be able to determine if I gave it to him or vice versa? What will the test tell me? I have so many questions but no one to ask. I am scared to tell anyone else because I don't want people to treat me differently. I'm scared that I have HIV based on what I read online but I know I'm being paranoid because I was tested last year in Sept. I don't know how to treat it, what to recognize for a outbreak because I have no symptoms, does it spread if I wipe down with tissue, what happens to my sex life, will this affect my job, do I have HIV now, and a million of other questions. I don't even know how I got it or when I got it. I been crying off and on since last night. I feel so alone, scared, and ashamed. I'm 31. How do I explain this? How do I better inform myself, my children and my boyfriend or whomever I date. I just need a hug and a friend right now. I feel better being able to share this.

Thanks

Hi there, honestly I would just wait for the test results and stay off of Google! Everyone’s experience with this virus is different. I found out via a blood test during my annual exam 4 months ago. I was shocked because I’ve never had any blisters or looked like any of those images you see on Google.My only real symptom is itchiness on occasion which I never associated with the virus. I’m glad your boyfriend is being super supportive and will get tested next week. Hopefully things work out in your favor. Keep us posted.

Hi there, honestly I would just wait for the test results and stay off of Google! Everyone’s experience with this virus is different. I found out via a blood test during my annual exam 4 months ago. I was shocked because I’ve never had any blisters or looked like any of those images you see on Google.My only real symptom is itchiness on occasion which I never associated with the virus. I’m glad your boyfriend is being super supportive and will get tested next week. Hopefully things work out in your favor. Keep us posted.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Yea, I see that the photos for it is outrageous and is not a catch all for everyone. Im trying to be patient with the results but its driving me crazy. I am thankful for him but scared at the same time. I will keep you posted. I really appreciate your response.

Could it just be the hpv breakout?

When I asked the doctor about that, he just said that HPV gives me warts and this isn't what he thinks it is. It still isn't itching or painful. So I don't know really. I am just waiting on results and I'll post it. Thanks for responding. I appreciate it.