• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Working out/walking/jogging during breakout/after breakout

Do most people get breakouts from working out?

Im still going through my first break out. I dont want to use the gym equipment other than probably the treadmill at this point.

But will it prolong my breakout? Is it bad if Im still running a fever and have swollen groin glands?

Im kinda going a little stir crazy and want to do something but walking outside isnt an option in the north at the moment. And I don't wano prolong the issue or cause another breakout or.... I dont know.......

Really give yourself a bit of a break if you can! You could try lifting weights (work the arms) or even focus some stretching and yoga moves. Will help center you and won’t cause a lot of friction.

For me, I felt like I needed to “get back to normal” life really fast after my first outbreak. But what that did was put a lot of pressure on me to “get better” and I couldn’t control when I’d be healed.

So just be kind to yourself, take it slow, do what feels good. I’m a huge fan of the couch, not because it’s your first outbreak but because it’s freaking 20 degrees where I am!

Its 20 degrees where I am too! And yes that is part of it. Forcing myself to be better. But there were other things so on top of this, I'm dealing with a bit of depression for the first time ever. Which I was told the antivirals can aggregate. Its been a rough year.