• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Shaving-female

I still have my first outbreak, almost 2 weeks in. I still have new sores coming but I was hoping I could shave once this was done. I just read a few threads and I can't shave again without the irritation causing an outbreak? And what are the actual transmission risks if you use condoms, dental dams, not having symptoms, then with and without taking suppression therapy. Because my OB told me to take the i inital then call back if I have symtoms. But i dont think this is even going to be done in the next week I have pills left for. She gave me 28 days but......

I haven’t shaved since I got this - I think now I would be ok, I just prefer not to see anybrazor burn that might make me paranoid!

Might I suggest a bikini trimmer? I use this (without the guard) https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES246AC-Portable-Adjustable-Settings/dp/B00005JS5C

So it’s kinda like look like I shaved 2 days ago. Still close but nothing to make me itch or outbreak!

Wouldn’t recommend dental dams - it’s SO RARE to get orally. With a dental dam it would be zero risk orally, but honestly it’s so small wouldn’t even worry about it.

If you use condoms, no pills, it’s 2% risk (accumulated over a whole year). So...low.

Good luck!