• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Blood Tests Negative but Cultures Positive

Has this ever happened with anyone?

I am HSV2 Blood work positive now, but it was months after what my doc states was not my first BO as it is too mild for a first time in her experience. I know it's my first knowing I have this virus as going on 3 months and I still can't kick it.

I also had a lot of unprotected sex with a guy early in 2017 after confirming we both clean and he still tests clean as of November - but here I am, 7 plus months later, very not so.

Confusing and Frustrating as we follow the rules and Poof!

I got hsv2 from my ex. I did not have my first outbreak until after we broke up, months after contact with him, and already in a new relationship. My culture was positive but my blood test negative also. My doctor said it was a new infection, so I immediately thought it was the new guy. His test came up negative. My ex came up very positive and showed he had the infection for a long time.

Oh yeah... January 2018 I'm definitely HSV2 positive now. Thanks for checking in - just good to read up on other's experiences and takes. Makes mine seem so very normal.... which it is and has been beyond I can't seem to kick it even with drug support.