• Want to be a part of a supportive community? Join the H Opp community for free.

Welcome to the Herpes Opportunity Support Forum! We are a supportive and positive group to help you discover and live your Opportunity. Together, we can shed the shame and embrace vulnerability and true connection. Because who you are is more important than what you have. Get your free e-book and handouts here: https://www.herpesopportunity.com/lp/ebook

Itching! Advice??

Hey everyone,

I had a question about itching. I experienced my first outbreak earlier this month, once I completed my 10 Days ofValtrex, I’ve been taking them each day around the same time since. My outbreak lasted about a week but was healed by time it was time to get inconsistent suppressive therapy but I’ve been experiencing extreme itching where my sores were! It’s agonizing.. right on the skin between the my vulva and anus. I’ve found that coconut oil helps a lot but does anyone know how long this lasts? There’s no open sores or discomfort other than itching like crazy.

Also, have any ladies experiencing dryness from Herpes/Valtrex? I know I need to drink more water and clear up my diet anyway but I’ve heard Evening Primrose Oil can help produce natural lubricant again? Any help would be great. My boyfriend and I are planning to be intimate again soon... first time since being diagnosed and he’s negative for HSV at this time. Just trying to understand this itching more and any way to naturally get my lubrication back to minimize friction and possible OB.

Thanks!